Rsi & Macd

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by vrtrop22, Jan 29, 2009.

1. I don't know if I will get scorned or not but here goes. I currently trade purely on EMAs & volume (along with my chart recognition skills, descretionary). I would like to see if RSI and/or MACD could help me filter out trades better. More about me. I do actually trade 1st of all. I trade the mini dow & DAX intraday mostly because I like them but I could trade anything with my methodology. I still work a full time IT job. The latter may be taken out of my hands soon, so I might become a full time trader whether I want to or not . I am attaching my log from Tuesday as I only made 3 trades Weds for a grand total of around $90. I like this forum because people reward thoughtful questions with thoughtful responses. If you have questions of me, feel free to ask. I really want to hear from you rsi & macd guys/gals about ACTUAL settings for 1 minute charts. Thx to all!!

2. sorry here they are

3. keep in mind I DO NOT use MACD right now. So those settings are meaningless really

4. pclark

pclark

MACD is probably going to get you in too late. Learn to read Price Action.

There is a thread on here using MACD for entry. I don't remember the name but the rules are -

If the MACD crosses down below 0 line go short. If it crosses up above 0 go long. If it crosses down above 0 line wait for it to cross the 0 line then go short. If it crosses up below 0 line wait for it to cross then go long.

This can work OK if you follow the rules.

5. Redneck

Redneck

Sir - If it's working for you - It's all good:)

Can't help but I'll follow with intrest

Take Care
    Redneck