RS7, Please Come Back!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goldenarm, Oct 30, 2002.

1. I think Max401 and I scared RS7 away for good. Please come back! I miss your funny stories!:)

2. He is still here...I just read one of his posts this AM

3. marcD

marcD

yeah, where is he? i like the guy too! not sure how many of his strories were for real, but whats the difference? he knows a lot about trading, probably had some of the best trading posts ever, and had great stories true or not!!!

marcD

4. marcD

marcD

5. thank you - I'm working on it. your illustration by example is effective.

the link gives the last post date of rs7, the topic of the thread.

6. Frankly, I'm not impressed with RS7's trading advice.

You guys find inspiration in this crap? Sounds like the weatherman, "Well, it might rain tomorrow, but if it doesn't, it will be dry." His postulations are just rehashed generalities stated many times before by others.

7. marcD

marcD

Man, Max, you really are a bitter guy. How you can call this "crap" when it is addressed to a new trader is really over the top even for you. So it isn't the invention of the wheel. But it IS great advice for a new trader. And well expressed at that.

Like everyone else here, it is really becoming more and more apparent that you indeed are making rs7 into your personal punching bag. He is your career? Here he clearly makes a simple statement that applies directly to the question he responded to. But because rs7 wrote it, it is automatically crap in your book. Enough is enough. I can see why he hasn't posted lately. You really do seem to have a vendetta against this guy. Does it matter what he says? Apparently not! Too bad, because he really has had his "gems". And it seems like everyone agrees with this but you. Why the relentless hounding?

???MarcD

8. Automatically crap? I read it. However, since you admittedly don't care that RS7's combat record, a sacred area of man's endeavor, in my opinion, seems to be complete fiction, please give him some credibility. Please point out specifically the wisdom imparted in his passage on trading and elucidate as to why.

9. nitro

nitro

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by rs7:

"Welcome to the stock market. It is not to be "figured out", it is to be traded. Don't try and "outsmart it". Take what it gives.

As far as economic numbers, there will always be different interpretations. Conflicting opinions. Let the market show you how it reacts. It is virtually impossible to anticipate what it will do, sometimes even on something as clear as an earnings warning, or earnings themselves.

When the market is in a major down trend, it will receive good news poorly. And the converse is true in an up trend. Right now, it is clearly too risky to state if we have gone through a bottoming process. But perhaps the uncertainty is a good excuse for you to study more and trade less until things become more clear. This is what virtually every tenured trader I know is doing right now. Trading lightly and tentatively.

Think of yourself as a little fish in a big school. Just swim with them. Don't try and lead the way. Not at your stage. Play it safe. Don't innovate."
    You guys find inspiration in this crap? Sounds like the weatherman, "Well, it might rain tomorrow, but if it doesn't, it will be dry." His postulations are just rehashed generalities stated many times before by others.

I understand EXACTLY what this is saying. However, "it" is not meant to be understood, for if you understood "it," you would not need to understand "it" anymore...But then, this sentence, by your standards, is also a bunch of "babbling" as well...

BTW, if I go outside and it is raining, I open my umbrella...The key was not opening it, that is just technique, the key was understanding that rain requires the plan of taking an umbrella.

nitro

#10     Oct 31, 2002