Roy Kelly Indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by eghunter, Sep 24, 2007.

1. eghunter

eghunter

I'm considering the purchase of these indicators, and am hoping to get opinions from others before doing so. I'm particularly interested in the Cycle Identifier and the Advanced MA. If you have used these particular indicators or other RK Indicators, please provide your opinion of them.

2. > I'm particularly interested in the Cycle Identifier

To be honest with you, I do not use the above. So my comment could be meaningless....

If you are interested in a cyclical analysis, John F. Ehlers' "Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures" may be interesting. There are a lot of codes of cyclical analyses.

3. it is useless

becoz the indicator refers to future data

it varys according to the future

4. Cycle Identifier and the Advanced MA,

You must be a good trader to use his indicators,
    they will get you killed if you are in a strong trending market
    so you have to have an idea of what type of market it is
    ie: trend, chop and zigzag.

The chop they work ok, the Advance MA will give you a heads up
    but again be careful, I not sure what your trading skill is or how much screen time you have, so you may do fine with them.

P.M me if you want some screen shots of what we have and how they work, our (Advanced MA) changes colors so it will be more
    predictable and we do have a form of Cycle Identifier but we recommend you use it with one other indicator as well.

Just give me a pm and I will let you try them for a month if you want.

That way you can watch them to see if they are right for your style of trading.

Take Care,

Joe

5. Just watched your You Tube vid it was good especially liked the Andrews pitchfork one. A very underused chart pattern in my opinion that can give you high prob trades for a good few points. Are you using Autoforks on Neoticker?

Cheers

6. Anyone have any experience with his Fib Confluence indicator.

I would really like to try it but the price is holding me back until I can get a better feel for its usefulness.

7. gnome

gnome

I have a STRONG opinion about the concept of "cycles"... and though it seems that the biggest cycles seem to be semi-OK (cycles denominated in YEARS... but difficult to implement in real-time trading), the balance of cycle considerations seems total BS. In fact, as soon as someone comments on "cycles", I immediately presume he doesn't know what he's talking about.

8. kut2k2

kut2k2

Based on what's posted at the RK website, the "Advanced" MA overshoots. You can use the Hull MA that will overshoot for free, you don't have to pay for an overshooter. :D