Router with two upstream ports

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gwb-trading, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Sarasota,

Does your brokerage software automatically log you back on using the second connection after the first fails?

Runningbear

#11     Jan 10, 2004
  2. A little off-topic but I can't seem to get a definitive answer to this question:

Ihave WIN XP on one computer but I want to install the same WIN XP on another computer and connect both to internet via a router.

Can this be done? Same WIN XP on two computers both connecting to net? (I really don't cherish the notion of paying Bill gates & Co. twice for same product)

TIA!

#12     Jan 11, 2004
  3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

It depends on your application. I know that with my trading software, it doesn't affect it. It just does a "re-load" of all data changed since the last good connection.

#13     Jan 11, 2004
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Can I ask if you are using IB?

An earlier poster may be correct in that if the brokerage is tracking your public IP address then you may be required to re-login. This would also hurt the ability to load share the WAN links.

If your brokerage vendor uses some sort of security mechanism for certification that is based on your PC then the switchover should not have an impact.

- Greg

#14     Jan 11, 2004
  5. nitro

nitro

I think you misunderstand what he is saying.

nitro

#15     Jan 11, 2004