Router for a dual cable / DSL connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eddy, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Eddy

Eddy

Hi,
    As I basically get some random downtime with my DSL line, I was looking for a bulletproof connection to the net, using cable as possible backup.
    With their Pro800 Turbo, it seems that Nexland is the only manufacturer to offer a “dual” router being able to pair two broadband connections (DSL and cable, for example), ie if for some reason one broadband connection should go down, the other will kick in and keep up your connection to the net alive. So it really looks like the ultimate machine to avoid any down time on the internet
    Latest search on the net indicates a price tag just above 300 $.
    Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone is using this router ?
    Every feedback will be appreciated…

Eddy

PS :
    Link to PC Mag review : http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,14443,00.asp
    According to the detailed spec. sheets, the router provides even a triple redundancy backup. Indeed, if both broadband connections were to fail, then an Analog modem (to be connected to the serial port of the router) would then automatically connect you to the net (and disconnect when one of the high speed connections become available again).

2. Eddy

Eddy

Oops,
    I was so happy to have found the "ideal router" that I forgot to do an ET search prior to my posting. Thanks for the reminder Trader42.
    Anyhow, it looks like there are mixed feedbacks about the Pro800 Turbo...
    I might try instead one of these premium DSL package, even if I am not sure if this could really solve my DSL random down time...
    Eddy