Router/Dsl Modem Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by easyrider, Jul 15, 2003.

1. In another post I mentioned that I was having problems getting a router to work with my dsl. The solution was rather simple and I am amazed that Linksys support did not know this although I think most of the support nowadays comes out of central locations from people who are reading manuals while they are talking to you and know practically nothing about the subject. The problem arises from the fact that the dsl modem is itself a DHCP capable router and comes into conflict with the router unless you set the modem to act as a bridge. Once I found this out I had it up and running in 5 minutes. I wanted to post this so anybody doing a search in the future about this problem would find it.

ps There is a great site for information: www.dslreports.com

2. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Thanks! I am thinking to add a router to my cable modem to prevent hackers.

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

inresting news from dslreports

On October 10th of last year, a 24 year old South Korean man was found dead after playing computer games for 86 hours straight. Just a few weeks later, a twenty seven year old Taiwanese man was found dead after a thirty six hour stint. Doctors in both cases believe that the players died from exhaustion.

4. Wait until we have 24-hour markets and traders are dying from the same thing :D ... Here's the future news report:

"A 34-year old daytrader was found dead after trading the global electronic markets for 45 straight hours. Other traders said he was on a roll and just couldn't stop. In his hot streak though, he made over $32,000 which should pay for very nice services in his honor. No other traders are expected to attend the funural as Greenspan will be speaking at the same time." :D