"Rounders" quote applicable this afternoon...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GreenDog, Apr 29, 2003.

1. tell sister S...

"let's play cards"

(say with heavy Russian accent)

Ice:cool:

#21     May 1, 2003
  2. Rs8.5

Rs8.5

Been asking myself the same question lately. I know I have wasted a lot of time in "chit-chat" for the past several months.

I am just not sure what I have left to contribute to say about TRADING. I think maybe I have said too much already.

Though I got a lot of accolades for my trading posts, I also took a lot of guff. The main thing is I sort of felt it was a one way street. I would try and help in my way...which was, in fact, really just passing on what I had learned. I readily admit to not inventing anything "new" or revealing any "holy grails". Yet because people expect magic, I took a lot of heat for not giving them the magic they wanted (or expected?).

I am NOT a trading guru, and I only really know what I learned from others, and from experience. This seems not to be enough for so many. Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort. But I will reconsider, especially since I see so much written in the trading forums that I know in my heart is just WRONG.

Another point is that there seems to be a lot of personal animosity on ET lately. So for some people, it doesn't matter what you try to contribute. You will get bashed for even trying.

This from you, Marc: (directed at Max)

Then this response from Max401:

Now I don't know what way I "glorified" anything I said, and Max and I have seemed to come to a state of "detent". I actually have grown quite fond of Max, and was always respectful of his intellect. Though I often disagree vehemently with his politics and his incredible smokescreen of anonymity (I have offered to buy him drinks...even dinner, since I learned he is at least at times in very close proximity to where I live....gave him my phone number, etc.). However, I just happened to remember this comment from him when I tried a "search"....there were others who bashed me for trying to help. Is this outweighed by the outpouring of appreciation? Who knows....I did not do the trading posts for "gratitude". I did them just to try and be helpful. I don't know what I have left to give. But I will think about it, and given the time, I will certainly, if not do another entire thread, like "Successful Trading", "Keeping it Simple", and whatever else I had done and already forgotten, I will certainly add some food for thought regarding some of what I have been reading lately that I vehemently disagree with.

Peace,
    :)Rs8.5

#22     May 3, 2003

3. ... she is like a young girl coming in for a quickie

... she feels so "unsyatttissfied!"

dog

:cool:

#23     May 3, 2003