Roulette is predictable

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by M.W., Apr 10, 2023.

1. Overnight

Overnight

How do you have 2 Kings and she has 4 kings in Texas Hold' em? You mean you had JJ in your hand with two kings and J on the table, but she had two kings in her hand with two kings on table?

#31     Apr 11, 2023
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Right, final board had kkj..... 2nd k was on river... I overbet, I had pocket jj but didn't put her on kk. Longshot beat

#32     Apr 11, 2023
  3. Overnight

Overnight

When you get to Vegas, find a table that plays pot-limit Omaha. That'll put hair on your ass. Make Texas no-limit seem like a Go Fish session.

#33     Apr 11, 2023
  4. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

If I ever saw Ken at a cash money poker game I'd sit down easy mark.

#34     Apr 11, 2023
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I dunno' man. If I have jacks over kings on the river, I would be hard pressed to walk away from that hand. Just depends on the bets at that point, plus being able to read the player. Calculating pot-odds at that point on the river is rough.

#35     Apr 11, 2023
    KCalhoun likes this.
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

The way Ken trades and operates on this site is my read not some bad beat on one hand.

#36     Apr 11, 2023
  7. Overnight

Overnight

The more you use certain phrases, the more I have the urge to post video clips...But I cannot. *breathes out* Yes, it would have been from Rounders, when Fish is talking to Matt Damon about his bad beats, hehe.

If I were to post it here, that would be gambling with the house. Not a good idea. I am getting better!

#37     Apr 11, 2023
  8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Great clip....

#38     Apr 11, 2023
  9. wildchild

wildchild

You lost because you didnt know what you were doing. Poker is not terribly difficult to beat. All you need to know is some basic stat and observe the table. You don't need to read hands, you simply need to observe game play for about 10 hands and it becomes apparent who the good players and the shitty players are then isolate on the shitty players.

The biggest issue is the game gets boring after some time. In the short term your winnings are driven by luck, but if you are making the correct play, the luck factor diminishes over time and your skill becomes the driving factor of winnings. Pretty much the same as any other game of chance.

#39     Apr 12, 2023
    easymon1 and KCalhoun like this.
  10. wildchild

wildchild

#40     Apr 12, 2023