Roubini sends out emergency alert-Global Depression

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cgtrader, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Roubini's on a roll.

I don't think it's melodramatic to think or say that equity holders in banks will get wiped out on a massive scale and that deflation puts the global economy into a death spiral from here on out.

I'm not so sure that the central banks can stem the nasty and vicious deflationary plunge, resulting from consumer and business hoarding of all money.

#21     Jan 20, 2009
  2. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

basically the banks got robbed when they have bad loans.

that is the whole business if banking is to take risk in lending money.

#22     Jan 20, 2009
  3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

bankging and wall street has been deregulated for theives from mid 80's to 2006.

regulators could even audit madoff operation that he had no shares and never made a trade for his clients.

he was giving fake statements to his clients and giving fake statements to irs.

#23     Jan 20, 2009
  4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

these insiders in the banks were lending money to thier welfare buddies and their dog. the dog defaulted on his loan

#24     Jan 20, 2009
  5. dave74

dave74

This is scary stuff. He could be right. He's not the only one predicting total disaster.

I thought we had a better than even chance that Dow 7500 was the bottom, yet it seems like we're gonna test and breach that.

#25     Jan 20, 2009
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

In my area, your 1-5 is VERY accurate.

#26     Jan 20, 2009
  7. I believe 60% of the DOW is owned by 5% of the US population.

Wouldnt want to be in their shoes.:p

#27     Jan 20, 2009
  8. maxpi

maxpi

5% of the population pays 60% of the Feds' income taxes too.... if they lose revenue / get writeoffs, the FED loses revenue..

#28     Jan 20, 2009
  9. So they should load up the federal government so they can bail themselves out with themselves.

Oh wait. Thats stupid.

#29     Jan 20, 2009
  10. Ditto on AJ.

I assume you know that Roubini is CFR, right?

#30     Jan 20, 2009