Roubini Says Rogers’s Forecast of $2,000 Gold ‘Utter Nonsense’

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallStWhizKid, Nov 4, 2009.

1. dave4532

dave4532

When gold reaches $1,500, in the next couple of weeks, Rogers can say to Roubini "I told you so loser".

#41     Oct 13, 2010
  2. Roubini is a clown

#42     Oct 13, 2010
  3. Jim Roger's gold prediction is like bin Laden's $144 oil prediction: devastating and self fulfilling.
    ref:"In a 1998 interview, Osama bin Laden — the terrorist organizer of 9/11 who still roams free — listed as one of his many grievances against the U.S. that Americans “have stolen $36 trillion from Muslims” by purchasing oil from Persian Gulf countries at low prices. The real price of a barrel of oil should be $144, bin Laden demanded."

#43     Oct 13, 2010
  4. <object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWAu7FmKbYc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWAu7FmKbYc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Mista T done pity the Subway Economist.

Jesus, Moses, Incas, wings of angels...holy &*%#*, $100 says he can't pass a drug test.

#44     Oct 13, 2010
  5. olias

olias

I'd like to know what he's saying now

#45     Apr 8, 2011
  6. He would say either it's a bubble all driven by speculation or he will say it could go to 5K as he always predicted.

#46     Apr 8, 2011
  7. rew

rew

There is only one sure thing I know -- the government will always carry out actions that will make the gold price go up. It's not that the government cares what the gold price is, it's that the government loves to spend money it doesn't have, jump into wars that are none of our business, and in general engage in all sorts of foolishness that ensures the gold price goes up. If grown ups were ever in charge in Washington D.C. the gold price would be $300, but that ain't going to happen.

#47     Apr 8, 2011
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Thanks for the nice graph. This confirms what I have always thought, viz., gold is a nice speculative commodity for those who know how to trade it, but not a good long term investment. What you need for a good long term investment is an inflation adjusted, integrated curve that rises over time, and that's hard to find nowadays.

#48     Apr 9, 2011
  9. well in 30 years time many commodity charts will look like the smooth upward trend you are talking about ;)

#49     Apr 9, 2011
  10. rew

rew

Just how long do I have to hold something before it ceases to be a "trade" and becomes an "investment"? I've held gold since 2002 and haven't regretted it. Yes, gold was a lousy asset during the 80s and 90s, but damn few "investments" have had the 10 year bull run that gold has had.

#50     Apr 9, 2011