Roubini Says Rogers’s Forecast of $2,000 Gold ‘Utter Nonsense’

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallStWhizKid, Nov 4, 2009.

1. If you knew how to trade gold & bullions, you would change your opinion. When it comes to risk/reward, much better opportunities in bullion.

#31     Nov 5, 2009
  2. fhl

fhl

next year or so---gonna have to trade gold by the charts. No way of telling how the feds' qe is gonna play out.

long term----- funnymentals of our gov't destroying the dollars future by drowning us in debt will rule. gold will eventually go up big.

#32     Nov 5, 2009
  3. I DK anything about that. Elaborate.

#33     Nov 5, 2009
  4. Yeah, that would have been for next year. Late next year, or as early as mid 3rd quarter.

#34     Nov 5, 2009
  5. Ha.... yeah....there's nowhere interest rates can go but up. At least we're financing our fiscal deficit with cheap rates. Dollar's looking very attractive. The dollar will never be worthless. I might say this is forming a multi-decade low. But by all means, don't look at the obvious fact that I guarantee rates will be higher one year from now, and with it, shall go the dollar, sending commodities linked to the dollar down. Have the dollar index at 75.76 to go higher a year from now, and on up from there.

#35     Nov 5, 2009
  6. Take your charting software and divide the continuous S&P Future by the continuous Gold future.

You will see, clear as crystal, that those blue chips you purchased in 1980 are worth the same amount today, measured in gold.

Looks like you have it backwards, friend.

Buying gold today both a spec. investment & a form of rebellion against the marxist liars running our government.

Owning gold says "I DON'T TRUST YOU OR YOUR POLICIES."

#36     Nov 5, 2009

7. finally, the truth.:cool:

#37     Nov 5, 2009
  8. Exactly - $7B is nothing in the multi-trillion dollar scheme of things. This India purchase represents about 8% of all the gold the IMF owns and the IMF is one of the world's biggest gold holders. In other words there isn't much gold to be bought relative to the number of dollars with which to buy it.

The commodity value of gold is nothing compared to its potential investment value. The cat's out of the bag now; the world is realizing that gold is no more insane an investment than anything else, so why not make gold a small % of the collective investment portfolio - just in case. If a tiny % of general global investment is directed to gold, and we're trending that way, gold will climb steadily until we get a parabolic climax like we did in 1980 and there's no sign of that yet; it could be years away.

1200.0 by Xmas. 1350.0 by March, then some extended consolidation after rates are raised a tad.

#38     Nov 6, 2009
  9. Rogers >>>>>> Roubini

#39     Oct 13, 2010
  10. olias

olias

nice

#40     Oct 13, 2010