Roth IRA Conversion at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by SideShowBob, Dec 16, 2009.

1. You couldn't have people work overtime during Christmas??? :p :p

Seriously thank you for this, in the long run I'd have to think this saves you work ... no more ACAT transfers out then back in.

#11     Dec 27, 2009
  2. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I can say that my conversion in December from Traditional to Roth at MB Trading took just a couple days from when I made the request to getting the paperwork done online to getting re-characterized to having Penson complete the process.

Only downside is paying the taxes! LOL But never having to pay them in the future sure is a motivator to aggressively trade that account and run it up.

#12     Jan 3, 2010
  3. Why would you do it in December knowing if you waited a month to Jan 2010 you'd have until 2011 and 2012 to pay taxes on it?

#13     Jan 3, 2010
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Because I plan to convert more in 2010.

I wanted taxes on this initial IRA conversion out of the way.

#14     Jan 4, 2010
  5. You need to re-read the terms of usage for Elitetrader:

No rational thoughts or acts may be committed or mentioned on Elitetrader. Any violations of this policy will be met with extreme nastiness.
    :D

#15     Jan 4, 2010
  6. Does IB plan to publicize when this is ready or should we just harass CSRs until we find out?

#16     Jan 25, 2010
  7. FYI, last I heard it will be a few more weeks. Hurry up IB!

#17     Feb 13, 2010
  8. rd100

rd100

Any updates from IB as to when they would allow converting traditional IRA held at IB to Roth IRA held at IB?

Also, what is the process for converting a non-deductible IRA held at Schwab to a Roth IRA at IB? My non-deductible IRA at Schwab is all cash, no positions.

Thanks
    rd

#18     Feb 27, 2010
  9. I called them yesterday about this and they actually said that the ability to convert your IRA at IB into roth will be an option on the website in a few weeks. At no point during the conversation did he state that a conversion was "not possible" so I think the info here is old.

#19     Feb 27, 2010
  10. IB why is this taking SOOOOOO long????? Make it happen before 2010 is over please!

#20     Apr 1, 2010