Ross Perot is back - Economic Charts

Discussion in 'Economics' started by reiehaxm, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Yep, I voted for Perot and I voted for Paul. A couple of guys who can balance their checkbook.

Ross looks like he did 16 years ago

:D

http://perotcharts.com/

2. very very good page. extremely clear and to the point.

3. Although I disagree with some aspects of his ideology, Perot is a great guy and the website is very informative.

He should be a bigger critic of the FED and its devalueing of the dollar though.

A step in the right direction, nevertheless.

4. Fiscal responsibility is a hard sell inside the beltway. It was a shame Perot dropped out of his own campaign for President some years back.

I think Perot had too many skeletons in his own closet that wouldnt play well to voters. A couple weeks before Perot dropped out, the WSJ ran an article on Perot's business conduct as a mainframe salesmen with IBM. A Perot co-worker aledged that Perot booked multiple computer sales, collected the bonuses and then quit IBM. Subsequently his customers canceled their orders with IBM and became Perot's first customers at EDS. Not sure if this is a true story, but the WSJ ran it.

History shows that balanced budgets seem to be the exception to the rule. That being said, there is still value in fiscal conservancy. Perhaps todays overleveraged consumers are just modeling the behavior exhibited by our government.

To a large extent, the current economic challenges faced by the US reflect a failure of our political process to truely place national interests at the center of decisionmaking.

The truth is that these issues are not just issues here in the US. Many other developed economies face similar challenges.

5. Joab

Joab

The problem with Perot is that he never understood the most important concept of American politics.

The Media is all that matters.

What a screwed up world we live in.

6. Excellent Commentary, FreeMarketRider

...To a large extent, the current economic challenges faced by the US reflect a failure of our political process to truely place national interests at the center of decisionmaking.

The truth is that these issues are not just issues here in the US. Many other developed economies face similar challenges..........................................................................................
    .......................................................................................................

Having lived in several countries.....the points that you make seem to be the case....but even more so in developing countries...

However recently, particularly with the recent confirmation of no bid contract awards to the major US Oil Companies....it would be safe to say that the current US Bush Oil Administration has spoken for itself....The movement of Haliburton to Dubai to escape US liticiousness because of the Cheney/Iraq.....the list goes on and on....

One would have to be a blithering idiot to not know that the Iraq war was not about oil....

And it has become ever so clear that the US Administration is without a doubt ....one of the most corrupt governments in the world.....

Bush wants to drill offshore today? Why not 7 years ago ? Why is there no energy policy ? You have the Bushy Bodman secretary of energy just saying whatever Bush/Cheney tells him to say.....The guy acts as if he just wants to go get another double whopper cheeseburger at burger king and then go home to watch a movie.....after having a drink at the country club....
    .................................................................................................

Developing countries problems , particularly the non oil producing smaller ones basically have no real economic base.....The populations families generally make $200 to $800 per month....and when one is lucky enough to get in a government office.....they load their boats with what little government tax money is generated....because they know that the 2 to 4 year stint is going to be their only shot in their lifetime to have any wealth......just the way it is....Poligomy is still widespread today by the fathers making the $200 per month....and one would be pressed to find a 17 year old girl without a child....This is no joke...This is today.....

How do I know.....I have employees like this...today......

....................................................................................................

What is the answer....

Make the world yours....not theirs.....live where you want to....trade where you want to.....do what you want to.....

And construct your life such that you could care less about these blithering liars and two faced idiots....Their biggest problem is going to be themselves and having to look in the mirror each day ....clearly not knowing who the hell they are....

......................................................................................

By the way ...about Ross Perot....

He is the real deal....

I remember when he was in EDS and making land deals near Dallas in deals made with IBM....He had his own Wall Street Research and Brokerage....

He takes a straightforward approach from point A to point B.....and lets nothing get in the way....

I like this guy......

The point being.....

You put in a guy like Ross Perot.....the man will get the job done....

You put in a guy like Bush.....well you get what you got.....a big pile of shit.....

7. Anwar drilling has been on the Republican agenda for a long time. In an early form, it was proposed that essentially Alaskan oil would be sold to Japan in exchange for an increased allotment of middle eastern oil delivered to US east coast in Japanese hulls. It couldn't pass muster primarily for environmental reasons and the fact that Alaskan oil is reserved for US use. The Republicans gladly sell off US resources if the price is right.

While US politicians continue to alienate Latin American oil producers, the Chinese are busy investing in the development of oil projects in the region insuring greater access to support China's growth plans.

The "national energy policy" issue comes up everytime we experience another energy price shock. In the end oil interests benefit by policies which insure that spot market pricing is never replaced by long term pricing contracts. All participants in the oil production chain understand this. There are no economic incentives in place to mitigate the risk of long term supply contracts.

Todays mantra's of "cap and trade" and the fixation with "carbon footprints" are setting the stage for a new batch of regulations that will most likely double retail power rates exclusive of any price increase in underlying energy commodities. While I have no problem with clean air and water, it's painful to watch our regulators get behind policies with no real understanding of the follow on economic impacts. Regulatory costs killed our nuclear power industry. Regulatory impacts continue to shape our power future. Maybe we all need to drive "electric" vehicles? Wake up folks - You've got to plug 'em in someware.

(Sorry I'm getting on my soap box now - the engineer in me is coming out)

People (Labor) is old school economic power. In developed economies extended families were replaced by governmental support systems. Our out of control medical costs and underfunded retirement plans will probably drive us back toward extended families as well.

Great Advice! I think one of the things that draws us all to markets and trading is the opportunity it represents to live as free a life as possible. The biggest challenge in constructing a life free of "these blithering liars and two faced idiots" is navigating the maze of traps they set for the rest of us. I can easily imagine a round of congressional regulation as an over-reaction to the "speculator" issue which kills market access for the small spec.

Great Post libertad! Your coments on Perot and Bush are right on the money.

BR,
    FreeMarketRider

8. Ron Paul!!! He dropped out of the race, but his ideology lives!