ronald reagan 100. now the truth.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Yes I called him a moron first.

But I only did it because he really is a moron.

Reagan borrowed so much money, debt went from 700 bil to 3 trillion

You gotta be a complete moron if you don't understand what a big fu&%ing deal that is.

#31     Feb 10, 2011
  2. Obama is on track to add more to the national debt than all presidents before him combined.

YOU "gotta be a complete moron if you don't understand what a big fu&%ing deal that is."

#32     Feb 10, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

...says the master of self control.

Yes, do tell us mere mortals about self control and name calling TrollZz.

#33     Feb 10, 2011
  4. jem

jem

The spending on defense caused the soviet union to collaspe.
    Most of the other spending was done by democrats led by Byrd, if I remember correctly.

Only a moron does not give Reagan a lot of credit.

#34     Feb 10, 2011
  5. Only someone who gives Reagan more credit that he is actually due, could be called a moron.

I hesitate to call anyone a moron...but I do see a lot of people who give Reagan much more credit than he was due.

So does the shoe fit you?

#35     Feb 10, 2011
  6. huh

huh

A real fiscal conservative would have found a way to pay for the increased defense spending by either raising taxes or cutting other spending or a combination of both to offset the increase. He didn't so I do not see him as a fiscal conservative at all, just another spender.

I guess I must have high standards when I expect that someone claiming to be fiscally conservative should have a deficit of $0.00 if not a surplus. Being like Reagan where you raise the debt by just a couple trillion is simply not good enough and frankly comical that somebody that added a couple trillion dollars of debt is considered to be fiscally responsible in this country.....no wonder we keep getting one fiscal retard after another running this country.

#36     Feb 10, 2011
  7. NKNY

NKNY

Yes but tax cuts keeps the money where it should be---with the people who earned it... Not in some gov shills pocket... He's going to piss it away anyway and then come back looking for more... The more you tax the less the economy will grow... Dont show me figures that our gov puts out trying to convince you to give them more money... Have you people lost your mind... You actually believe numbers coming out of this or any gov.... WAKE UP...

I'm so amazed at how the system has trained all these drones defending and pushing to give more of peoples hard earned money over to an incompetent gov... Man these schools aren't schools, they have turned into drone assembly lines... the brainwashing has left me speechless... Common sense and critical thinking out the window, all they do is regurgitate facts and figures that some gov bureaucracy pulls out of its ass... And I'm supposed to believe it.

Trust me, the more you tax, the poorer the private sector becomes, (WE ARE THE PRIVATE SECTOR) the less jobs we, me and you have available... You don't need a drone degree to figure that out... I sit back and cant believe that they made being a leftist cool... Most leftists I talk to don't even know that they are communists... That how dumb they are... Kind of makes me wonder if all the people in other countries who call us dumb Americans are right... Half the population are commies and they don't even know it... Amazing...lol

This is why we need to take the power to educate our youth away from the gov... the teacher seems to be teaching what it wants in order to survive and grow and enslave us.... It's like those cheesy movies where the computer man has created takes over the world but in this case it's the government we created... It was supposed to serve us and now we are it's servants, it's subjects... Working and giving it 50 % or our money... Paying many tens of thousands to get an education in how to enslave ourselves 101.... God help us... We are done, not just as Americans but as a civilization... When you hear people willingly advocating and defending their own enslavement, it's over....

Nick

#37     Feb 10, 2011
  8. jem

jem

In his stated intention to increase defense spending while lowering taxes, Reagan's approach was a departure from his immediate predecessors. Reagan enacted lower marginal tax rates in conjunction with simplified income tax codes and continued deregulation.

William A. Niskanen, one of the architects of Reaganomics, summarizes the policy as "Reagan delivered on each of his four major policy objectives, although not to the extent that he and his supporters had hoped", and notes that the most substantial change was in the tax code, where the top marginal individual income tax rate fell from 70% to 28%, and there was a "major reversal in the tax treatment of business income", with effect of "reducing the tax bias among types of investment but increasing the average effective tax rate on new investment." Roger Porter, another architect of the program, acknowledges that the program was weakened by the many hands that changed the President's calculus, such as Congress.[2][3] The effect was primarily a change in the composition of tax revenue, towards payroll and new investment, and away from higher earners and capital gains on existing investments, with comparatively small effect on overall tax revenue: the changes "reduced the federal revenue share of GDP from 20.2 percent in fiscal 1981 to 19.2 percent in fiscal 1989," a 1% reduction.
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 Historical context
    o 1.1 Taxes
    o 1.2 Deregulation
    * 2 Economic record
    o 2.1 Tax receipts
    * 3 Theoretical justification
    * 4 Evaluation
    o 4.1 Praise
    o 4.2 Criticism
    o 4.3 Keynesian interpretation
    * 5 See also
    * 6 Footnotes
    * 7 References
    * 8 Further reading
    * 9 External links

[edit] Historical context
    Oil prices 1968–2006; peak is 1980, with steep decline over 1980s.
    US demographic window, initial peak c. 1980 (US is light green).

Prior to the Reagan administration, the United States economy experienced a decade of rising unemployment and inflation, known as stagflation. Political pressure favored stimulus resulting in an expansion of the money supply...

the above is from wikipedia. The following is fact..

Carter and his loser policies including a blame americans and call us weak helped destroy the economy and our national will.

Reagan and Volker fixed it.
    only kids who did not live through it do not remember how Reagan helped turn our country around

#38     Feb 10, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Naturally it follows that countries with higher tax rates (I think you've been talking primarily about income tax) than the US will be economic and social disasters, is that correct?

#39     Feb 10, 2011
  10. Can you give statistically probability that what you say is true, or could it just be a spurious conclusion that Reagan did it all on his own...

Also, is there any truth to the claim that Reagan's cohorts made a deal with Iran to hold the hostages longer to help Reagan's election bid?

It really appears more likely that presidents are the benefactors of anything good that happens, and made to be vilified of anything wrong that happens on their watch. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

The only truly great president I can think of was George Washington...the rest had ulterior motives.

#40     Feb 10, 2011