ronald reagan 100. now the truth.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 8, 2011.

1. The problem with today's conservatives, is that they elevate a messenger to some status that he didn't actually hold, the facts bear that out that what people think of Reagan is mostly mythology on the whole.

That's why there is this whole mythology about Reagan, because the sheeple are too stupid to examine the facts of the case of Reagan and what he actually did to this country, the precedent he set, the gap between his rap and his act, etc.

Divorce yourself from the mythology, and look at the facts, then look at what the ultra right wing conservatives say...and you will see the great disparity.

Reagan a great communicator? Perhaps, but his actually communications vary greatly from the facts and the manner in which current Reaganites pretend he actually was...

#11     Feb 8, 2011
  2. I don't buy that at all , politics like life is full of compromises and suboptimal choices from being placed in untenable positions by others before you.

#12     Feb 8, 2011
  3. jem

jem

Uncle Ron lowered taxes and revenues went up.

#13     Feb 8, 2011
  4. Uncle Reagan made US debt go from 700 billion to 3 trillion.

Uncle Reagan lowered taxes and later raised taxes.

Uncle Reagan was a fu#$king moron, a stooge of big bankers.

Did you burn CNN channel into your tube TV ?

You moron.

#14     Feb 8, 2011
  5. Hey MORON
    Did you burn CNN channel into your tube TV ?

Uncle Reagan made US debt go from 700 billion to 3 trillion.
    Uncle Reagan lowered taxes and later raised taxes.
    Uncle Reagan was a fu#$king moron, a stooge of big bankers.

#15     Feb 8, 2011
  6. The current party of no, is full of compromises?

I'm not seeing that at all...

Few of these dogmatic thinkers in the party of no understood how much compromise was necessary among the 13 colonies to even band together to sign off on a declaration of independence and a constitution...

Self righteous people are generally devoid of the ability to compromise...

#16     Feb 8, 2011
  7. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and compromises.

Btw: I think this nation is firmly on that path.

#17     Feb 8, 2011
  8. Reagan tax cuts via Krugman,Carter, Reagan, Revenue.

One common reaction of conservatives, when you point out that the experience of the last 20 years offers zero support for the idea that tax cuts pay for themselves, is to start shouting “Jimmy Carter! Reagan! Supply side roolz!”

So I thought it might be worth presenting a bit of evidence from an earlier 20-year stretch. Here’s real federal revenue, in 2005 dollars, from 1970 to 1990. I’ve plotted the log, because it’s easier to look at trends:

[​IMG]

------------

Tax cuts produced less revenue along an increasing but lower trendline, or in other words, tax cuts don't pay for themselves; there is lost revenue.

#18     Feb 8, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Neither do more and bigger government spending programs.

#19     Feb 8, 2011
  10. I'll name a scant few of 20th century leaders and governments who did not compromise:

Nazi Germany
    Stalin's Russia
    Mao's China
    Castro's Cuba
    Saddam Hussein's Iraq
    Ho Chi Min's North Vietnam
    Mussolini's Italy
    Tojo's Japan

Great company, eh? Bad intentions and no compromise.

#20     Feb 8, 2011