Ron Paul's Plan to Handle Piracy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Nothing rational will ever come from the US Govt. Currently I hear the options of using noise and water hoses or squirt guns to fight the pirates.

2. This is an interesting idea, but I would guess that a size-able bond will have to be put up and I wonder just how many private citizens would be able to do so.

It sounds like a neat idea ( hearkening back to the days of establishing "bounties" ), but I would also guess that private citizens would not want to incur the tremendous expenses that would come about from chasing pirates around an area that is approximately 1.1 million square miles.

3. I figure they could spice it up even more and make a reality TV show out of it. Think about it.

"Dog the Bounty Hunter Hunts Pirates"

4. Kind of like taking poison as an antidote for being poisoned.

Once we gave privateers the warrant how do we know if the people they are attacking were really pirates or just someone with a really nice boat?

5. Maybe is the filty stinking occupants with ak-47's and a .50 cal machine gun that gives it away.

6. Never happen, makes too much sense. The hand wringers won't allow it. These pirates are just mis-guided youth. They'll grow out of it.

7. TGregg

TGregg

". . . letters of marque. . . "

LOL. Reasonably good idea, but the best part of it is it would drive the left insane! Boatloads of white males with guns roaming international waters shooting at minorities and muslims - there'd be heads exploding all over Europe as that image spread.

And you know that not a single guilty pirate would be killed, at least according to the MSM. Every death would have some "witness" who said the victim was not a pirate but really an unarmed, blind cripple who was lost at sea while helping sick dolphins. That would lead to congressional investigations, special prosecutors and hundreds of millions in legal fees.

Better solution is just to drop a ton of drugs over the country. Free drugs will be cheaper, and eventually the problem will be solved.

8. Good idea, this would be a tricky military problem to solve. I don't think going into Somalia and fighting pirates on land is the job of our military. Maybe Blackwater or Xe/Ze or whatever they are called now can do this sort of job. Those trigger happy guys would be perfect for this.

9. Better solution is just to drop a ton of drugs over the country. Free drugs will be cheaper, and eventually the problem will be solved.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Do you want cyanide with that?

#10     Apr 15, 2009