Ron Paul's chances becoming president.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Debaser82, May 13, 2011.

Does he?

1. No way man, America is asleep

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No, he is too old

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. No, and thank god the old cook

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. I think he might

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

This.

#41     May 14, 2011
  2. Well, it certainly appears that they have a heavily vested interest in getting us all to believe this, for whatever reason.

#42     May 14, 2011
  3. Lornz

Lornz

Who cares about electibility? Aren't one suppose to vote for what one believes in, regardless of the chance of that candidate winning?
    If not, how will progress be made?

Ron Paul is the only consistent politician I have come across, unless you call constantly lying and shifting opinions being consistent.

I don't agree with him on everything, though.

<object width="960" height="750"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIraCchPDhk?fs=1&amp;hl=nb_NO&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIraCchPDhk?fs=1&amp;hl=nb_NO&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="350" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

#43     May 14, 2011
  4. Thank You.
    And this puts the nail in the coffin during any Presidential debate with Ron Paul.
    Thanks for playin' Ron!

#44     May 14, 2011
  5. You make a valid point, but that wasn't the original question. The question was regarding "Ron Paul's chances of becoming President."

His chances are zero.

#45     May 14, 2011
  6. Wallet

Wallet

While the gold standard sounds appealing, it would be impossible to implement without totally scrapping the existing fiat system, you can't merge or change back this late into the game. You have basically a worthless piece of paper, the gold reserves, if i'm not mistaken are now held by the fed as collateral.

Paul although radical in his views, is far better than the D.C. consensus b.s. that keeps being re-spun. Our country is on the brink of collapse, if something substantial is not done quickly, it may already be too late.

If only part of his agenda could be implemented during his term in office it would be a start. He should campaign on a specific platform outlining his plan to pull the U.S. back....concrete steps in debt repayment, deep spending cuts, taxes needed, that may be seen as a 8-12 year plan, but I think the vast majority would like to see someone speak in plain terms about what will be required.... it won't be pretty.

1st cut would be pay and benefits in congress.

#46     May 14, 2011