Ron Paul's chances becoming president.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Debaser82, May 13, 2011.

Does he?

1. No way man, America is asleep

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No, he is too old

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. No, and thank god the old cook

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. I think he might

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Broken record much? :D LOL

#31     May 13, 2011
  2. Well, they can't inflate the fuck out of it via fractional reserve banking to pay for a litany of stupid shit like "bailouts", "stimulus packages", and other forms of corporate welfare and bureaucrat-big business circle jerks. So, naturally they don't want that.

#32     May 13, 2011
  3. Too late for Ron Paul or anyone like him. It ended years ago. Isn't fake democracy fun?
    <iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dqAtIU0iUGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#33     May 13, 2011
  4. Would Rennick Beat Obama?

Rennick would win easily 5 38.46%
    Rennick has some chances 0 0%
    Rennick is outgunned 1 7.69%
    Who is Rennick? 5 38.46%
    Who is Obama? 2 15.38%
    Total: 13 votes 100%

Ron Paul for President?

No way man, America is asleep 9 64.29%
    No, he is too old 1 7.14%
    No, and thank god the old cook 3 21.43%
    I think he might 1 7.14%
    Total: 14 votes 100%

The people have spoken!

#34     May 13, 2011
  5. elon

elon

Funny... I've never seen one.

#35     May 13, 2011
  6. rew

rew

Ron Paul doesn't promise people free stuff. So he has no chance.

#36     May 13, 2011
  7. While the gold standard has its advantages, it also has flaws. Most importantly, it has one very painful problem, which, unfortunately, makes it all but useless in the modern world. The problem is that it's only viable if you and your main trading partners all abide by it at the same time. Obviously, that's impossible to enforce, which means that a rival (e.g. China, India) might be able to exploit the arrangement opportunistically to obtain a massive competitive advantage. Worse yet, they could completely cripple your domestic economy at will with a reasonably modest effort.

#37     May 14, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Interesting, thanks.

#38     May 14, 2011
  9. pspr

pspr

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but when Ron Paul says things like he wouldn't have gone in to get/kill Osama that just pisses people off. He's just too far out on a limb for anyone to take seriously. SOME of what he says makes since but I wouldn't vote for him in the primary and he's not electable in the general election.

He's sort of like Trump, great hair but not electable.

#39     May 14, 2011
  10. And that's really the bottom line -- he's not electable. The probablity of Ron Paul becoming President of the US is exactly zero.

#40     May 14, 2011