Ron Paul's 3 Minute Summary Of The Causes And Effects Of The Crash

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Jul 22, 2009.

1. To play advocate of the Devil here despite Paul's compelling statements and dito style there are plenty of people on ET and elsewhere who are of the opinion the school of Austrian economics upon which he bases his primary views is just as flawed then Bernanke's Zimbabwe school of economics.

I guess time will tell which one of both is flawed most.

#11     Jul 22, 2009
  2. At least Dr. Paul cites actual numbers in his modeling, and not fantasy.

That's always a good start to reach an accurate conclusion.

#12     Jul 22, 2009
  3. The main idea probably is to debase the currency to make produced goods more atractive for foreigners.

The flaw in this seems to me what if the rest of the world aims for the same route to kickstart their economy. Beggar thy neighbour?

Also it seems to be a bit narrowminded in my view to believe only the currency value is determined as a way to achieve economic (productivity driven) prosperity.

There must be more.

#13     Jul 22, 2009
  4. He usually does. Very subtly. He also shifts around in his seat, his eyes and mind wanders. It's clear he doesn't think Ron Paul is worth his time. Although, any time a congressman talks about taxing the rich, increasing regulation or giving the Fed more power, Bernanke nearly orgasms.

It would be funny if their games didn't effect me.

#14     Jul 22, 2009
    #15     Jul 22, 2009
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

While it occured before the onset of Austrian economics, the response to the 1920-1921 depression was mostly hands-off and Austrian-like. There was a very short, sharp downturn, but the recovery (which didn't include a hyperactive Fed, stimulus plans, tax increases, etc.) was equally strong.

#16     Jul 22, 2009
  7. greddy

greddy

"The Creature from Jekyll Island" should
    be read by every American.

Hopefully this book won't be taken off Kindle like
    the book "1984".

#17     Jul 22, 2009
  8. This guy is so far removed from political (not economic) reality that it's not even funny. Ron Paul's best chance of ever running an economy would be to instigate a military coup in South America and establish his dream economy with the gold standard and no central bank. More realistic than ever achieving that in the US.

#18     Jul 22, 2009
  9. That's because he advocates supporting the Constitution rather than the current lying, thieving, self-serving government ways we are forced to endure today.

So.. you HATE the US Constitution and endorse the BS going on today?

#19     Jul 22, 2009
  10. I endorse looking after my own good and not worrying too much what politicians and governments say or do. If I dont like it someplace then I simply move to another country. Trading makes one pretty much independent of jurisdictions.

A lot of American crybabies on ET could simply give back their US passport and leave the country. Why are they not if things are so terrible? My bet is things arent as bad (yet), just people love to complain about the hardships of life instead of taking their life and destiny into their own hands.

Much easier to stay where you are and blame Bernanke, Obama and Geithner rather than packing up your stuff and setup shop in Singapore/Monte Carlo/Switzerland/Caribbean/Cost Rica.

#20     Jul 22, 2009