Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Was reading through Ron Paul's speeches, and was very impressed. Here is one that has very harsh criticism of the neocons:
    http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2003/cr071003.htm
    "More recently, the modern-day neocons have come from the far left, a group historically identified as former Trotskyites. Liberal, Christopher Hitchens, has recently officially joined the neocons, and it has been reported that he has already been to the White House as an ad hoc consultant. Many neocons now in positions of influence in Washington can trace their status back to Professor Leo Strauss of the University of Chicago. One of Strauss’ books was Thoughts on Machiavelli. This book was not a condemnation of Machiavelli’s philosophy. Paul Wolfowitz actually got his PhD under Strauss. Others closely associated with these views are Richard Perle, Eliot Abrams, Robert Kagan, and William Kristol. All are key players in designing our new strategy of preemptive war. Others include: Michael Ledeen of the American Enterprise Institute; former CIA Director James Woolsey; Bill Bennett of Book of Virtues fame; Frank Gaffney; Dick Cheney; and Donald Rumsfeld. There are just too many to mention who are philosophically or politically connected to the neocon philosophy in some varying degree."

I always knew that neocons were ultraliberals in disguise. This speech made the connection crystal clear.

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

3. ron paul was talking to alex jones earlier; regular guest on his show recently. u can listen to him later if u visit prison planet.com or infowars.com and click to -listen live- on the left.

http://prisonplanet.com

4. Ron Paul is an anti-government libertarian.

His views are the anti-thesis of yours........

5. Where did you get that idea from? I am also opposed to big government conservatism.

6. lmao. ron is the only guy capable of saving u all from plunging into the deepest sorrow misery ever experienced by men. i pity that u are unable to see one of the greatest chances u'll ever get to actually gain something from govt policy. paul is a pro constitution guy, bent on bringing down the fed reserve and get rid of corruption. his goal is to fight lobbies and big corp political power as well as media consolidation and anti-journalism.

interview on prisonplanet in a few minutes if u are interested.

interview with alex jones on now.

7. I'm surprised you even still post here......

8. Look up Ron Paul's campaign filings. I've contributed to him for years........

9. So were Newt Gingrich and Bob Dole and G.H.W Bush and Bush the Younger and 75% of the current house of reps at one time.

My party has been hijacked by kooks and jihadists and free spenders and lovers of big government.

I weep for the future of this land

10. More from Rep Paul

"Those on the right should recall that the traditional conservative position of non-intervention was their position for most of the 20th Century – and they benefited politically from the wars carelessly entered into by the political left. Seven years ago the right benefited politically by condemning the illegal intervention in Kosovo and Somalia. At the time conservatives were outraged over the failed policy of nation building.

It's important to recall that the left, in 2003, offered little opposition to the preemptive war in Iraq, and many are now not willing to stop it by defunding it or work to prevent an attack on Iran."

http://www.antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=10523

Wonder how many of the uber conservatives here will notice any irony regarding the politics of the website hosting the article :D

#10     Feb 15, 2007