Ron Paul Wins!!! (something meaningless)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I love how you dodge the question. Since you can't get your point across you simply dismiss the data altogether. I think CPAC is not necessarily good at picking the future president but I think it gives one a good idea of where the party wants to go.

BTW, Reagan won in 1976 and 1980 and Bush won in 2000.

And more importantly I think Palin would like to see a better then 3% showing. I mean Ron Paul and Mitt Romney couldn't be further apart and yet they finished first and second. So there is some diversity in choice there.

#11     Feb 13, 2011
  2. I'm not dismissing the data, it is what it is.

Ron Paul electable, yes or no?

No dodging the question...please.

#12     Feb 13, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ron Paul is a wilcard that would do well in a certain economic environment. I don't believe things are bad enough to get conservatives to choose Paul. History has shown us that when times are bad enough, all bets are off. If the election were held today, no Paul doesn't have a chance. If things got really bad before the 2012 primary then sure, he could win. He is in the unfortunate spot of being completely dependent on the economy. I suppose if we ever were close to going to war with Iran that would be a scenario where he might also catch a bid.

#13     Feb 13, 2011
  4. If...if...if...

If ______then it is possible that Sarah Palin could win, right?

Things change. I certainly didn't predict Obama, nor was he my choice...but I was sure Ron Paul was unelectable, and I continue to think so. Does that mean I think he is wrong on all of his positions? Nope, but his solutions aren't terribly practical in many cases. His son Rand? Unelectable at present. Palin? Unelectable at present. Romney? Unelectable at present. Haley "Goober" Barber? Unelectable at present. Who does that leave?

Who do the dems actually fear in the republican party right now as the GOP candidate in 2012?

Now there is an interesting question...

QUOTE]Quote from Maverick74:

Ron Paul is a wilcard that would do well in a certain economic environment. I don't believe things are bad enough to get conservatives to choose Paul. History has shown us that when times are bad enough, all bets are off. If the election were held today, no Paul doesn't have a chance. If things got really bad before the 2012 primary then sure, he could win. He is in the unfortunate spot of being completely dependent on the economy. I suppose if we ever were close to going to war with Iran that would be a scenario where he might also catch a bid. [/QUOTE]

#14     Feb 13, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

[/QUOTE]

I honestly can't think of a single scenario that would give Palin the edge over anyone. She can't run a business or a military and that is a huge part of being President. I suppose if news broke that Romney had an affair with a nanny or something at the last minute the right might panic and elect Palin but even that is a stretch.

#15     Feb 13, 2011