Ron Paul Wins!!! (something meaningless)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 12, 2011.

1. CPAC Straw Poll 2011: Ron Paul Wins For Second Consecutive Year

First Posted: 02-12-11 05:11 PM | Updated: 02-12-11 06:22 PM

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) came out on top in the much-anticipated 2011 Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll, according to Fox News.

Human Events confirmed that the Republican congressman won the vote before the results were officially announced. Here's a breakdown of the numbers:

Ron Raul: 30%, Mitt Romney: 23%, Gary Johnson 6%, Chris Christie 6%, Newt Gingrich: 5%, Tim Pawlenty 4%, Michele Bachmann 4%, Mitch Daniels 4%, Sarah Palin: 3%, Herman Cain 2%, Mike Huckabee 2%, Rick Santorum 2%, John Thune 2%, Jon Huntsman 1%, Haley Barbour 1%

According to CNN, 3,742 votes were cast at the event held in Washington, DC.

Paul also emerged ahead of the pack in the CPAC straw poll at last year's conference.

Fifteen big conservative names were featured on this year's ballot. Most of the candidates in the mix are believed to be mulling presidential campaigns for the next election cycle. CNN noted that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is an exception on the list. The Garden State Republican has denied multiple times that he's considering making a run for the White House.

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin and former Arkansas Mike Huckabee appeared on list, even though they were not on hand at this year's conference.

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

So here we have CPAC, arguably where all the true right wing activists come to steer the future of their party and Sara Palin gets 3% of the vote. Yeah dude, sorry, she is definitely not running. I'm mean that is beyond god awful. You can spin it however you want, but those numbers were not even get her elected to be chair of the Republican party.

3. kut2k2

kut2k2

I'm pretty sure she sees her future as the female Rush Limbaugh: make lots of $$$ jawboning about politics while sitting safely on the sidelines.

4. Are you afraid of Sarah Palin running?

What an obsession...

:D

5. Did you see her surprise appearance at the convention?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WG9qnEegCSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

And how do you explain her getting 3% of the vote? Spin baby spin!

7. Speaking of jawboning...or maybe better put; Adam's apple boning...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZB6ygn1bYT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. I don't explain it...it doesn't matter.

Her base of support doesn't go to CPAC...

Really, how predictive has the CPAC straw poll been?

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Now wait a minute here. So let me get this straight. The establishment part of the party hates her. The activist part of the party apparently has no interest in her. The libertarian part of the party wants no piece of her. Who does she have? And I disagree about her base not going to CPAC. Especially if by her base you mean the Christian Right. They have a HUGE presence there. CPAC now is pretty mainstream but it use to be composed entirely of the christian right and social conservatives. Sorry Zzz, bad answer. Try again.

10. Bad answer?

Funny...

Palin didn't even bother going to CPAC, nor did Christie.

I put no stock in CPAC straw polls...do you?

The whole point of the silliness of the CPAC straw poll is that Ron Paul wins...and he is unelectable...

Or do you think Ron Paul is electable?

#10     Feb 13, 2011