Ron Paul Wins Iowa and Minnesota

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Apr 24, 2012.

1. rew

rew

And he's buying US T bonds? Good, we still have some foreign suckers willing to buy our government's junk bonds at absurdly low yields. When the government inflates the money to the point where the bonds are worthless at least it won't be an American getting stiffed.

#31     Apr 25, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Where were you during the Bush years?

#32     Apr 25, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Funny, I'm buying Silver Maples. Balance-of-trade dontcha know. :)

#33     Apr 25, 2012
  4. rew

rew

Just as angry as now. Unlike the liberals I didn't stop being against the wars once Obama was Commander in Chief. Unlike the conservatives I didn't wait for Obama to be president before being against the deficits.

#34     Apr 25, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

In fact, Obama promised to take the fight to al-Qaeda, and he did. It was part of the platform on which people voted for him. I don't recall your posts. What was your user name during the Bush years?

#35     Apr 25, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

It wasn't Thunderpussy or Gayfly.

#36     Apr 25, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Have you figured out the difference between a budget deficit and the national debt?

#37     Apr 25, 2012
  8. rew

rew

I wasn't on ET then.

#38     Apr 25, 2012
  9. rew

rew

So jumping into the Libyan civil war on the side of al-Qaeda was taking the fight to al-Qaeda? Well, in a pervese way it was, I suppose.

We still have lots of soldiers in Iraq. But they're mostly mercenaries, so we can pretend we pulled the troops out.

It has been obvious for many years that there is nothing left to accomplish in Afghanistan. Alexander the Great couldn't control the place, the British couldn't, the Soviets couldn't, and we can't either. We should get out. But Obama is as eager to stay the course as any neocon in the Bush administration.

Our policy in the Middle East is the best recruitment tool al Qaeda ever had.

#39     Apr 25, 2012
  10. rew

rew

Yes, about a factor of 10. $15 trillion of debt, and $1.5 trillion added per year.

Not so terribly long ago the entire national debt was less than our current annual deficit.

#40     Apr 25, 2012