Ron Paul What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joe, Dec 13, 2007.

1. poyayan

poyayan

For H-1b/outsourcing issue, you know what. I believe economic flows like water, it always flows downward. If companies don't think they are getting the resource they need, they go to places where resources are located. Or they get replaced.

For example, no H-1b visa for manufacturing labour doesn't stop the demise of US manufacturing. Why do you think it will make a difference with white collar jobs?

Companies are like VIPs to local economy. If you don't give them the best deal they can get, they leave. Loyalty is a luxury in business.

So, focus on improving US labor quality instead. IE, invest in education.

About US citizenship? I grew up outside of US. There is no money you can buy :
    1) Freedom of speech
    2) Right to bear arms - This works against US in peace time, but it serve the purpose to discourage dictatorship.
    3) Respect to individual rights like privacy.

If you don't have these rights to start with, good luck on trying to get it from a government in any part of the world.

#21     Dec 16, 2007
  2. moo

moo

What arrogance! You Americans are running around the world telling people how to govern themselves and what policies to choose. But you are not able to accept any criticism yourself.

This just shows weakness, instead of debating my points, you are using "shoot the messenger" tactics. What the fuck does it matter who I am or where I am from? My arguments stand on their merit, not on my reputation.

It is a pity you don't see the opportunity. The US could even start to sell citizenships / various levels of residence. $10k times several million each year would earn plenty of money to finance your bankrupt government.

#22     Dec 17, 2007
  3. LT701

LT701

'you Americans' meaning George Bush, considered by many Americans to be the worst president, ever

The first issue in any debate is, 'is it any of the other person's business'. It's a waste of time to discuss it with those whom it isnt.

and that's my last response to you

#23     Dec 17, 2007