Ron Paul Warns of Violence from Pending Dollar Crisis

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WallStWhizKid, Oct 1, 2009.

1. WOW:p

Tell me one country since 1950 that has been responsible for causing more wars/conflicts/overthrows of government than the United States?

We have a global empire... Our military is stationed in every part of the world... this is modern imperialism. What are 50,000 troops doing in South Korea? Why are we in Iraq when they had nothing to do with 9/11 nor did they possess WMD. Is it because their leader killed citizens? Well maybe we should go into Darfur considering many more are losing their lives their. We invade countries under "liberation" and brining "democracy", but we only do that to countries with some sort of natural resource or other agenda.

Talk about ignorance. The United States has been the most violent, aggressive foriegn policy in the last 60 years. Our CIA overthrows governments, executes those opposed to our government, and sometimes even invade countries that never attacked us.

#61     Oct 4, 2009
  2. 151

Monty, I think you are looking at this from the wrong angle. What we should be doing is comparing modern (US) imperialism with the best examples of imperialism in the past.

I think anyone would agree that the world under US imperialism is a better place than the other examples.

If it wasn't you would not have been able to call it "modern imperialism". You would have just said imperialism. So at the very least the US has brought imperialism into the present day world of human rights and equal opportunity.

Certainly there are examples of injustice by the US due to its imperialistic actions, but I believe we should be given the benefit of the doubt, that in such a vast world with so many humans involved right and good decisions cannot always be expected to come out.

And I hope that if the worst was to occur you would realize how lucky we are to have our military stationed far and wide.

Or would you rather look back and say how smart it was of some other nation, one that your children now slave for, to have prepared their military for the worst?

#62     Oct 4, 2009
  3. Well said. That's probably the best response to my comments on ET... ever. Well thought out and not insulting.

To further my argument though, I think the U.S. is strong enough that it shouldn't have to use militarily force... but rather put financial pressure or just use diplomatic influence to obtain it goals.

Let's face it, the strategy of overthrowing government's and installing puppet leaders has backlashes. Best example, we helped put Saddam Hussein in power and then he turned on us. We also helped Osama bin Laden in the late 1970s when the Soviet Union was invading Afghanistan... We even helped train the Taliban. This goes on and on elsewhere in the world, particularly South America.

I think we are strong enough to get things done diplomatically and not through the military. I believe there will be serious backlashes in the middle east. We are not seen as liberators, but rather as invaders. That is not good for us in the long-term. Since 9/11, the world has become a more dangerous place and anti-American views have grown not with just our enemies, but also with our friends (i.e. Europe). The War on Terror is a failure and cannot be won. Bush policies has made the world a more dangerous place. What good was it to invade Iraq... no terrorists came from there? Now there are terrorist camps as a result of us invading them. We are just making the middle east less stable. And what is this nonsense with Iran? Iran historically is not a aggressive country. Yes, they do not like Israel... but yes, America does not like Venezuela.... that does not mean we will nuke or attack them. And what's the problem with them obtaining nukes? Someone should tell us Americans we cannot have nukes, considering we are the only country dumb enough to use them on a citizen population (Japan). What has Iran done to us? Is it worse to kidnap Americans in a embassy or have the CIA overthrow a democratic gov't to install a fundamentalist Shah dictator in power for several decades? If Iran wants nukes, so be it. Dangerous countries like China, Russia and Pakistan already have them. By having nukes, Iran is protecting itself from foreign invaders, like the U.S. who is invading its neighbors (Afghanistan/Iraq/etc.). Who is the really the aggressor?

Additionally, why spend money to preserve our military overseas? Do we really need 50,000 soldiers in South Korea? We could put that money to better use protecting our own borders (i.e. Mexico) and taking care of our citizens on American soil. There is a huge transfer of wealth from citizens to the industrial military complex... and mainly through tax dollars.

#63     Oct 4, 2009
  4. There are many! Probably at least 40 countries at least. The US is not responsible for CAUSING the wars and conflicts. The US is responsible for ENDING more wars and conflicts. We didnt cause the war in afganistan. We responded to being attacked by the people of that country. We didnt cause the war in Iraq. Saddam started his crap by invading other countries in the 1990s. We just helped our allies.

You assume that just because the US is in a war that we are responsible for causing the wars? Its like saying a man came up to you and punched you. Then you quickly kicked his ass. What would you say if the police came and then told you that YOU were responsible for causing the fight? Would you agree?

#64     Oct 4, 2009
  5. Yes, besides beyond being the the catalyst for war/skirmishes, the U.S. certainly likes to get in the middle of wars.

But... why do we "end" wars. Would you agree that we only enter skirmishes where we generally have something to gain? Like Iraq... a bunch of other countries slaughter its citizens (Africa) and we don't do anything (Darfur border). If we take over Iraq we may get some oil huh?

Other countries start tons of problems.

Pakistan has threatened to nuke India... we don't do sh!t. We are their allies actually.

China threathens to nuke its own people in Taiwan... we don't do sh!t.

North Korea, unlike Iran, actually tests nuke missiles... we don't do sh!t.

Russia plays hardball with western Europe... we don't even do sh!t diplomatically... no embargo, no sanctions etc.

And now we're going hard after Iran, who hasn't done anything. Who knows if they even want weapons or energy. Yes, they don't like Israel, but most countries have a rival or opponent.

All I'm saying is that the U.S. needs to stop policing the world. Spend money in our borders. And stop exploiting the message of liberation and democracy to obtain natural resources (Iraq).

#65     Oct 4, 2009
  6. Yea, E.T. would put thread this in ET.

Erase my posts and ban me please.

This site is such a joke. Even for entertainment purposes it's not even funny anymore...unfortunately.

#66     Oct 4, 2009