Ron Paul Voted Against Rules Of Engagement That Protect Our Troops

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Aug 24, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Florida Republican Congressman John Mica offered the following morally clear Amendment (5/25/2011-H.AMDT.318 (A018) Amends H.R.1540):

"Amendment requires that the rules of engagement [ROE] allow any military service personnel assigned to duty in a designated hostile fire area to have rules of engagement that fully protect their right to proactively defend themselves from hostile actions."

The results?

143 out of 185 Democrats present -- 77% -- voted against this amendment; 217 out of 235 Republicans present -- 92% -- voted for it.

As for the two Republicans in Congress running who are Presidential candidates, Michele Bachmann voted for the amendment; Ron Paul voted *against* it.

Ron Paul hates our troops. It is undeniable.

Combined with his extreme isolationist policy he appears to most of us to be unqualified to lead our country. Even the lamestream media knows Paul is a nut and is ignoring him.

Everyone has one policy or two that Ron Paul states that they like but one or two policies is not what we elect. We elect a human being and *all* of their policies must be considered. This man is a hater and I would vote against him in the General Election if it comes to it.

2. This is bullshit.I can only imagine how many of our fallen or wounded troops would have lived if Ron Paul was President the last 60 years

3. Max E.

Max E.

So you would vote for Obama over the most fiscally conservative candidate running?

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yes.

5. Ron Paul is not a pacifist by any means. I would like to know the full story of this vote. He certainly doesn't hate our troops. He is a veteran himself. He just has this crazy idea that we shouldn;t be pissing away hundreds of billions of dollars on foreign military adventures to prop up coorupt stooges like Karzai or install islamofascist regimes in places like libya.

6. Max E.

Max E.

You are not a conservative. End of story.

7. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, thats quite the crazy idea.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

:eek:

9. My guess would be that Paul voted against this because he believes, rightfully so, Congress can declare war. They can't legislate rules of engagement. Once again Congress is trying to go where it does not belong. The military should be determining rules of engagement, period!

10. Larson

Larson Guest

:eek: :eek:

#10     Aug 24, 2011