Ron Paul unimpressed with Limbaugh apology

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Mar 4, 2012.

1. I hope it's me that the government sends to gabbys bedroom!

#41     Mar 5, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Except in this case, the government sought to diminish theocratic influence and control in the secular component of society. As you probably know, I'm all in favor of taking baby steps away from the Dark Ages. In this case, the government simply sought to contain religious authority, control and influence within its "holy" confines. Are you not at all troubled by the church's attempt at overreach?

#42     Mar 5, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't swing that way.

#43     Mar 5, 2012
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Good point,this should be the Republican argument.

What Obama has done is to put the power to control this product into the hands of one official. This official decides who get the product and who pays for it.
    This is a risk to the availability of this product at some future time.
    This is why the founders designed a system to keep this power at the local level or in the hands of the public.
    This is just bad Government design.

#44     Mar 5, 2012
  5. It doesn't matter which way you swing. Close your eyes.

#45     Mar 5, 2012
  6. piezoe

piezoe

You make quite a good point. Certainly one that should be carefully considered.

#46     Mar 5, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let me try again. Without the government creating this power, the Church has no power to grab. Simple solution. Take that power away from the government and you take the power away from the church.

#47     Mar 5, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

So, going forward, what is the solution? I see how you wish to limit the government's reach. How do you propose to effectively countervail the church's reach?

#48     Mar 5, 2012
  9. Nope, take away the government's power to moderate, we become a theocracy.

Do you really think the evangelicals will just pick up their bibles and go home??

#49     Mar 5, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Very easy. You limit the power of the government. Keep the government out of the insurance and health care industry. If health care remains a free market, then they can cover whatever they want. The church can't make insurance companies do anything without the strong arm of the government. They can scream from behind the alter, but their words have no power without government regulation.

#50     Mar 5, 2012