Ron Paul...Ugh, will he ever grow up?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a_person, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Just look at human history.

Human history records approximately six thousand years of failed governments. Humans have tried everything imaginable to find a system that "works" to the satisfaction of the people. The leaders are never satisfied with ever-increasing power and the people are never satisfied if they have to be participative (a relatively new concept) and work at maintaining what liberties they have.

Then, when all is lost, people finally wake up to the fact that change happens, and it isn't always good.

It appears nothing much has changed in 6,000 years other than the manner by which some countries go about electing leaders who intend to grab as much power as possible, given the opportunity.

Man appears to wish to be ruled by a god who will give them everything, require nothing, and magically provide all things with no effort on anyone's part other than to eat, drink and be merry. When they get bored with that, then they will inevitably return to the mischief and debauchery we now see in so-called "civilized" nations. While the people live in various stages of wishing, dreaming and denying reality, the evil ones who exploit man's inherent discontent organize, plan and execute their own dream of enslaving the world.

Didn't the pharoahs of ancient Egypt set themselves up as gods? Certainly they did, and on top of that left a few enormous pyramids plunked down on Egyptian soil to immortalize their reigns. Evidently they believed they would return, or at least were worthy never to be forgotten for whatever exploits they achieved, primarily making slaves of all the people other than the nobles and the priestly class.

That pattern still exists and is in full scale operation today.

America was founded by men of vision. The Federalists believed that the common man could not govern himself and thus the representative form of government would be charged with the responsibility of making the laws, running the executive branch, and filling the positions of the judiciary. Originally, the senators were to have been elected from the members of the House of Representatives. That system was changed in 1913 upon ratification of the 17th amendment to the Constitution and provided for direct election by the voters.

Anti-federalists were skeptical about any formal chartered government that could grab power from the people at will or by whatever method seemed expedient. While they were skeptical of a federal system, there was hardly any other to be had then or since, and it was hoped the Bill of Rights would restrain the central government from infringing on the rights of the people in sovereign states -- which themselves had a form of government.

Either way, history has proved that anarchy cannot work, democracy is mob rule and falls into anarchy, someone rises to power by virtue of money, organization, gaining of the people's confidence or by the sword. While swords are a bit out of date for today's hi-tech warfare, the killing power symbolized by the sword is still valid. Submit or die. That has been the ultimate motto of human government for recorded history and whatever remains unrecorded or lost.

Someone runs the country, be it a small city state, an island kingdom, a small nation, a great nation, or an empire. Every one of these has tried various forms of government, or at least has lived and died by one form that was replaced by another after its capture by a new ruler. The usual method is war.

Now, what has changed other than the times and the technology? Absolutely nothing.

America is now an oligarchy on its way to an imperial or quasi-imperial state and then a melding into the global governance organization of elitist rulers. The pharoahs are back, perhaps they left their pyramids to signify that the system of god-men would prevail over any other form of human government. Certainly there are rulers running around today who think they can play gods.

Roman emperors underwent the same transformation. The Caesar was once an honorary title, but in the reign of Augustus, successor to the murdered Julius (in which Augustus, known at that time as Octavian, played his part in the assassination plot) the title Caesar became the supreme ruler, and eventually the various caesars required the people to honor them as gods by offering incense to them.

So man wants to be god, but to have a grandpa "god" who gifts him with whatever he wants or needs. A bit ludicrous when played out on a theatrical stage, but fully acceptable in the politics of real life. What started with Nimrod has never ended. It will.

The ideal situation to end a troublesome government is the same one with which this nation began: secession. However, that brings about armed revolt which would, at this juncture in time, totally destroy what remains of America's resources.

Someone asked me on a recent radio program, where I was the guest, if I had the answer to this problem. If I did, the government would have to kill me before I could use my knowledge. But no, I do not have the answer to human foibles. Nor do I own any time machines to go back to the days of the founding fathers and warn them of the evils, which most of them recognized at the time anyway. Benjamin Franklin is noted for his cynical statement about the kind of government chosen by the Constitutional Convention for this nation when he replied, "a republic, madam, if you can keep it." The "if" clause expresses his doubt, since Franklin was a keen observer of human nature and all its ills.

Six thousand years of failed governments have told us one thing: no humans are fit to rule nor are free men likely to keep their liberty beyond a couple of generations without having it diminished and finally abolished.

Mankind is corrupt to the core, and to prove it, give them the opportunity to grab a bit of power or make a load of money and see where their nature runs. Upon what, then, can people base the hope for freedom? In this life, probably none unless science can genetically engineer a drone class that doesn't have any thinking ability. However, our federalized education system is effectively doing almost the same thing, but some mutations come out thinking anyway. They wonder where liberty has gone and why. More lessons in history and human nature soon reveals the ugly truth about us, the people of planet earth.
    Thomas Jefferson said it best: "If Man cannot be trusted with the government of himself, how can he be trusted with the government of others?"

If man is evil, government will be evil, and that is precisely what history proves.

http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/03/10/08/dorothy.htm

#51     Jun 21, 2009
  2. NeoRio,

If that article is what u represent, then my hat is off to u.

#52     Jun 21, 2009
  3. Illum

Illum

That was a great read neo.

I support Ron Paul and non intervention in Iran. I did find this video very inspiring. I hope they are successful and form a new government which is peaceful towards us and the west. I hear the guy they were voting for is no friend of ours. But maybe when it shakes out he will not be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMxFa6-6gJ4&feature=haxa_popt00us00

#53     Jun 21, 2009
  4. I believed that up until the dems primary last year.

I am person who watches an equal amt of MSNBC and Fox.

O'Reilly cancels out Olbermann

Matthews cancels out Beck

Maddow cancels out Hannity

I also listen to Rush on the radio. I was tuned in when he suggested as a game to make the infighting with the dems last until convention. Dittoheads actually started doing this by registering as dems and voting for the candidate that lost the last primary.

If u remember, it made national news. It did have an effect. The party of Rush is a large voting bloc in the pub party. I believe they can b the tipping point of any pub candidate at the critical moment.

Rahm the knife and the Ragin Cajun will try to assign the party of Rush as the mainline of the pub party, and they will have a good amount of help from CNN and MSNBC. If Fox steps in that will provide negative feedback to this problem in my opinion.

Come 2012, there will b few moderates, libertarians or Indies. The last election I compared to Gettysburg. This election will b Normandy.

If we have this crisis that Biden hinted at, and by the looks of things we are going 2, then there will b almost no fence sitting come 2012, all will have big time bias one way or the other. While I don't believe Oklahoma and Texas will secede, it will b quite tense.

#54     Jun 21, 2009
  5. Revolution will end America.

Before, we had one enemy, and she was still healing from the Seven Years war. Her supply chain was very long, her armies were tired. And Washington got lucky.

Revolution this time will b another civil war. Foreign powers will take advantage of that to the detriment of all of us. We have to stay together.

When the Roman Empire split, it was all over but the shouting.

#55     Jun 21, 2009
  6. Very insightful. But the common theme that democracy will work comes from the fact that we've never really had it.

There have been a few democratic ideas, but democracy has yet to be obtained by humanity, in any country.

#56     Jun 21, 2009
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Great article. Thanks for sharing.

Heartening to see the Patriot Movement alive-and-well, on ET.

Time to reclaim America and embrace our Founders Principles. Non-interventionist foreign policy and entangling alliances towards none. Sorry that offends that Israeli and Defense Lobby, but America - and her People - come first.

#57     Jun 22, 2009
  8. Have to agree with R.P. on this one. America is overextended right now. We are fighting two wars with two more against you know who possible. We have bases across the world. All of that costs money, folks. Money we are borrowing from foreign nations. If foreign governments slow down/stop buying our debt, and old Ben starts cranking the presses to compensate, it will be interesting to see what happens. As R.P says, we should put our own house in order before worrying about other's houses.

#58     Jun 22, 2009
  9. Jesus Christ. I'm not sure what you mean by that first sentence but if you're comparing an airhead like Sarah Palin with a man like Dr. Paul, your meds are really messed up this week. I've seen some bizarre and horrific stuff come out of your mouth over the years but even you wouldn't make this comparison. I must be misunderstanding you.

Please remember, airhead doesn't mean politically naive. It just means not too bright.

So you're for whoever the 'leftist media' is against? Why don't you just say what you mean? Fucking Jew cunts, eh?

You called Palin a 'revolutionary' and tagged her for the White House in 2012. Sticking to either part of that assessment?

Sarah Palin will win the Republican nomination in 2012 when pigs fly.

#59     Jun 22, 2009
  10. zorro

zorro

I stopped reading this thread at this point and had to make a comment.

I don't know if anyone else commented on this but are you kidding me?!?

You knock a man with convictions! My god, that Ron Paul believes in America's Constitution! Now there's a bunch of unrealistic convictions. Can you imagine what kind of people it takes to fight for such a thing? Luckily there aren't many people like that anymore. So go back to sleep America, your future is secure.

You are owned and sadly I don't think you even realise it.

#60     Jun 23, 2009