Ron Paul Throws Support To Cynthia McKinney

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Every market is melting down and gold is up a whole 50 dollars?

Oh the horror, the horror...

#11     Sep 17, 2008
  2. In a day? Only two other days in history has gold risen as much in a single session.

#12     Sep 17, 2008
  3. That's 50 of today's dollars.

How do those dollars compare to the dollars in 1980?

LOL!!!

#13     Sep 17, 2008
  4. That's the whole point doofus.

#14     Sep 17, 2008
  5. Okay Adolph, gold is up a whole 50 bucks on dollars that are not worth nearly as much as 20 years ago....which means gold is not a good investment nor a very good hedge.

Gold bugs are just plain stupid...

#15     Sep 17, 2008
  6. I am no gold bug; but, I am sure they are smarter than people who follow this guy.

:D

#16     Sep 17, 2008
  7. Spot gold has risen 22x since 1970.

#17     Sep 17, 2008
  8. How much has it risen since the highs of 1980?

LOL!!!

#18     Sep 17, 2008
  9. Okay, I just did. Nothing in my post is out of context. Jefferson writes specifically about separation between church and state. Ron Paul says that doesn't count, and it's only one way, that the separation is to keep the state out of the church not vice versa.

Which is not what Jefferson wrote at all.

And in fact, if you read his other writings (one quote I wrote above) you'll see that his opinions on church influence of politics is very negative.

So, in short, Ron Paul is nuts. I mean, wrong.

Well I concur. But that's not an argument for Ron Paul. It's not just the one nutcase quote from Ron Paul, he's made a series of nutcase quotes.

Remember when Clinton was elected and we were all forced to work on centralized agrarian communes?

No, I don't either. Ron Paul is a nut and his followers are morons.

Perhaps I'm being too subtle here...

#19     Sep 17, 2008