Ron Paul thread deleted?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FireWalker, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minority Report

#21     Dec 15, 2007
  2. There should be an email notification to users subscribe to a thread stating that the threat was deleted, and who deleted it... something like:

thread "abc" was deleted by jon doe.

#22     Dec 15, 2007
  3. nealvan

nealvan

I think it was the thread that some idiot was stating that Ron Paul was a racist and part of the kkk. Kind of a growing trend that anyone that is white and doesn't act like a punk or lowlife is part of the kkk. I don't care who wins to be honest as long as it's one of the front runners but that's a very stupid thing to say. This is a great forum but it has gone down a little bit because of some shitty members. When I first joined it wasn't like that but there are still some outstanding members that make it worthwhile. I hope E.T. doesn't become like Yahoo or some other low class boards but I surely doubt that because they have a lot of affiliates that they want to keep I imagine. Kind of sucks when you want to talk about trading though and people want to give their political view which is all fine in the right category but still this isn't a political forum so it's retarded to make baseless threads in politics when the forum is for traders. What's the point besides for some retard(s) mouthing off. Naturally someone is going to look at the thread being it's around election time. Because of the stupid things people say I'm going to try to avoid any section that doesn't have to do with business. Kind of seems senseless and an extra obligation to manage a category that doesn't hold any weight in a trading forum. Personally my view of free speech is that it's not free speech if your trying to make trouble. A lot of so called free speech is sometimes terrorism and nobody died gallantly for that. A lot more things need to be sensored because that is what's best for society not some retards misconceptions. That's my 2 cents.

#23     Dec 15, 2007
  4. nah it was just a perfectly civil conversation about why people want to vote for him

here's the first page of it

#24     Dec 15, 2007
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Pre-emptive moderation is a horrible idea. A poster should be able to discuss a public figure's economic policies in the economics forum, and if other people post off-topic stuff then the mods can delete their posts and/or tell them to stay on topic - not delete the entire thread.

Moderation works best with a light touch not a heavy hand.

#25     Dec 16, 2007
  6. Hate to say it but TGregg you're WAAAAAY OUTA LINE on this. You're a mod. not an editor (second some of the other's thoughts here on that).

I got no dog in this fight about the specific thread, buy your whole attitude regarding and assumptions that led to your actions really make me pause.

Hey its the Internet and a private site there upon, but the fact that you're defending the deletion along these lines is pretty scary. That's why we have mods not editors. Just cause for more distention and negativity on an already negative enough site.

Just my .02

Good Luck!

#26     Dec 16, 2007
  7. Joe and TGregg,

I am disappointed there was no "conspiracy" nor a big brother attempt to take away discourse.

Looks like you were just trying to make a catalog make sense, hmmm, like a librarian?

The other disappointed people will now, sadly have to go back to discussing economics---or trading.

Or who knows, make fun of Puretick.com. HEHE.

#27     Dec 16, 2007
  8. wow, total douche response from SPECTRA. conspiracies don't have to be huge, one little idiot with the right position can intentionally derail a good thing

your 'live trading room calls' can suck scumbag scammer dick... probably bottom feeding spam if your personality is any clue

#28     Dec 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.