Ron Paul thread deleted?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FireWalker, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that seems outside the bounds of a mod's discretion. you're not an editor

you shouldn't even be a mod, you post all kinds of hateful racist shit on a pretty regular basis. put the thread back

#11     Dec 13, 2007
  2. Nope, I'm right here.

Regards,

#12     Dec 13, 2007
  3. I started it there because I wanted feedback on his economic viewpoints and why they differ so greatly from those of all the other candidates. Also, I wanted to get suggestions on how, through his positions on issues(spec. econ), we could increase his chance of getting elected - also why those policy decisions might hurt him.

Regards,

edit: i figured there are tons of threads in that forum talking about other people: Bernanke, various fund managers, Buffet, etc. that it was ok to talk about specific people.

#13     Dec 13, 2007
  4. It's the holy grail of political posting... a riskless edge. :confused:

#14     Dec 13, 2007
  5. That can be said of a discussion about any public figure. How many "fcuking greenspan did this to us!" posts are there in that forum? Between those and the Helicopter-Ben rhetoric I would have thought a discussion about a candidate's economic policies would have been cool. My mistake.

Regards,

#15     Dec 13, 2007
  6. My thoughts exactly.

#16     Dec 14, 2007
  7. Threads in the P&R forum degrade into those bitchfests - I put it in the economics forum specifically because I wanted it in there: I wanted a discussion about his economic views and what they meant, their impact, etc.

The thread in the P&R forum will be trash in a few days because you're right, that's what happens in there.

#17     Dec 14, 2007
  8. I generally agree, that a Moderator who axes a thread based on his opinion is way overstepping his bounds.

Most threads on ET descend into the kinds of things you are apparently trying to protect us from.

I would think it best if you avoid censorship

#18     Dec 14, 2007
  9. So it was deleted because it might have turned into a heated discussion? Pre-emptive deletions. Is that like pre-emptive strikes? I'm reminded of Orwell, 1984, and Bush. Thought crime. What's that movie with Tom Cruise? Pre-crimes.

#19     Dec 14, 2007
  10. is this what happened to the handful of other unexplained deletions in the last few months? this was the fourth time in recent memory that ultimately went unexplained when i contacted the staff

the threads in question never got nasty, and the OP's weren't deleted users

#20     Dec 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.