Ron Paul Set to Speak to 'Sovereign Citizens'—Just As FBI Issues Warning About Them

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Ron Paul Set to Speak to 'Sovereign Citizens'—Just As FBI Issues Warning About Them
    February 08, 2012 11:00 AM
    By David Neiwert

We've been writing here at C&L about the danger to law-enforcement officers (not to mention civil society) posed by the far-right "sovereign citizens" movement for some time. So naturally we were pleased to see the FBI weighed in on the subject this week:
    And as it so happens, there's going to be a big gathering of "sovereign citizens" coming up soon in Irvine, California, calling itself the Freedom Law Conference, and devoted to teaching you how to free yourself from the tyranny of the federal government:
    Oh, and look who they have lined up to be their keynote speaker:

[​IMG]

Yep, the same guy who's out there collecting all those votes for the Republican nomination—not to mention also being the new darling of a clutch of extremely confused (or are they just pseudo-?) progressives.

And in case there was any confusion about the political orientation of the gathering, they announce up front that this is a Patriot Movement event:
    And yes -- as you can see from pieces like this, Freedom Law School and its scam-artist founder, Peymon Mottahedeh, are very much "sovereign citizenship" promoters.

Among the people Paul will be sharing the stage with is Floyd Banister, an ex-FBI agent who now makes a very profitable living on the Patriot chicken-dinner circuit.
    Yep, that's pretty much par for the course for the suckers who sign on to this crap and then try to make it happen.

I also love this quote from Bannister:
    Yeah, who knows where people in law enforcement would get that idea? I'm sure it couldn't come from the trail of slain cops and threats to cops and plots to kill cops popping up all over the countryside.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/ron-paul-set-speak-sovereign-citizen

2. Yet these folks are less of a threat to America than the Odumbo Administration, the growing culture of Dependence upon government, and the freedom loss which accompanies these evils.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Please. Any time you have any type of libertarian movement, you're going to involve all sorts of individuals who think that government is the enemy and the cops are the enemy, etc. It's just par for the course.

4. <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="+id+" width="400" height="336" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.crooksandliars.com/v/MjA2MzYtNTQ0Mzk?color=C93033" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://embed.crooksandliars.com/v/MjA2MzYtNTQ0Mzk?color=C93033" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="400" height="336" allowfullscreen="true" name="clembedMjA2MzYtNTQ0Mzk" align="middle" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

5. You mean kooks?

6. achilles28

achilles28

The entire premise of the article is guilt by association. A handful of "sovereign citizens" murdered police, therefore anyone associated with that label, "is bad". It's 3rd grade logic and an obvious attempt to smear Paul. "Christians" have murdered police. Does that make all Christians evil? Blacks have murdered police. Does that makes all Blacks evil? etc etc

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, sure. Kooks if you like. Any time an idea is permeated anywhere, you'll always get extreme sides of that idea joining up with it. That's not the fault of the idea, as everything in moderation is fine.

But it's essentially like the Air Force announcing a new proto-type plane will take off in the desert, and all of a sudden you get all the alien Area 51 types camping out in the desert to see it.

8. To a degree, I sympathize with them. They are very angry about government run amok with power and abuse of authority. I've very angry about the destruction our government is raining down upon the intended way of life the Founders tried to craft for us, too... though I'm not yet interested in taking up arms.

9. BSAM

BSAM

Seems as though the terms "disgust", "fed up", "King George", and "July 4-1776" come to mind while browsing thru this thread.

While I believe in limited government and some taxes (as well as sanity in their collection), I also understand the panic of one's "king" when he sees an uprising of the slaves.

This "uprising" is what we are starting to see all over the country.

And, you ain't seen nothing yet.

10. achilles28

achilles28

No, no. That makes you a "kook", Scat. :p

We all must love that big, ugly, mouth-breather spying on everything we do.

#10     Feb 9, 2012