Ron Paul releases 4 part letter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It's really a tragedy this man has no chance.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ro...udget-targets-and-restoring-fiscal-discipline

Ron Paul, who over the weekend won the straw vote at the Republican Leadership Conference held in New Orleans, with 40% of the vote, has just released a list of 4 points that will frame his budget priorities if elected president. As Jesse Benton, Paul campaign chairman says “The American people want and deserve someone who will tell them the truth, tell them what needs to be done, and who has an untouchable record of consistency to back it up." Whether everyone will agree with the proposed framework is unclear. However, what is true is that Paul, of all politicians on either side of center, has been the most steadfast in his message over the years, and the fringe benefit, naturally, will be the gradual elimination of Paul's arch-nemesis: the Federal Reserve.

From Ron Paul:

A four-part statement on restoring fiscal discipline

Today, 2012 GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul issued a statement on what his budget priorities will be if elected. See statement below.

“As President, I will not be able to waive a magic wand and solve all of our problems overnight. I will have to work with Congress and build consensus from the American People.

“But, there are several things that I will do right away to strengthen the fight for Constitutional government.

“First, I will veto any spending bills that contribute to an unbalanced budget.

“During these tough times, the American people are tightening their belts and making sacrifices to make ends meet. So should government.

“Second, I will veto any spending bill that contains funding for Planned Parenthood, facilities that perform abortion and all government family planning schemes.

“Like millions of Americans, I believe that innocent life deserves protection and I am deeply offended by abortion. It is unconscionable to me that fellow Pro-Life Americans are forced to fund abortion through their tax dollars.

“As a Congressman, I’ve never voted for any budget that includes funding for Planned Parenthood. Instead, I’ve introduced the Taxpayers’ Freedom of Conscience Act to cut off all taxpayer funding of abortions, so-called “family planning” services and international abortionists.

“Third, I will direct my administration to cease any further implementation of ObamaCare.

“And fourth, I will on day one of my administration begin to repeal by Executive Order unconstitutional and burdensome regulations on American business. I will be the first President to shrink the size of the Federal Register. We must create a favorable regulatory environment for U.S. business. This cannot be stressed enough.”

2. Spending bills include funds for Defense, Debt Service, Medicare and Social Security. I really don't think he'll' veto those as they represent about 2/3 of all Federal spending.

Seneca

3. His platform would be a good start... things we really NEED!

Without them, the great American Experiment is doomed...

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Paul has stated repeatedly he would drastically cut Defense. As for debt service, he has also said we have to pay our debt but that is one of the only things we HAVE to pay.

Medicare and Social Security are irrelevant. The time is coming when those will have to be trimmed down and restructured no matter who is in charge. They cannot be sustained, it is a mathematical certainty.

5. Ricter

Ricter

Not sure it's a "tragedy" he can't become president, but carrying around a sack of gold flakes for money sure would have been cool.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Paul or Christie, if he'd run, are probably our last real hope. IF there is any hope left. I'm unconvinced though that sufficient numbers of voters even want to hear the truth, let alone endure the necessary spending cuts etc. needed to save our nation from ruin. Again, assuming it's not already too late. Too many of the sheeple don't have the stomach for any real change and prefer to collectively bury their heads in the proverbial sand of sports, "reality" TV and the like.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're a loon.

8. Agree with you, but I don't see Paul or whoever gets elected vetoing a spending bill for Medicare or Social Security or Defense that puts us in deficit.

If you look at Federal spending, cutting everything but Defense, Social Security, Debt service, Medicare and Medicaid still leaves us in a deficit.

Seneca

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Translation please.

10. as678

as678

Too bad he is against Planned Parenthood. Take that away and in 20 years time the number of single mothers on welfare will triple.

#10     Jun 20, 2011