Ron Paul Rejects Evolution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Turok

Turok

Preface: A few months ago I considered RP a whacko/nutjob -- primarily because I was initially exposed to him through the 9/11 whacko/nutjobs on this forum. Little by little, I began to *listen* to what he had to say and I determined otherwise (otherwise regarding RP, not regarding 9/11 or the whacko/nutjobs on this forum).

This whole RP/evolution thing is just not important to me. What it important to me regarding RP is really pretty simple ...

I've watched every interview with RP that I could. I've pulled up every internet clip I can find. I watched as many debates as I could stomach. When a question (any question) is ask of RP, I've concluded that he is the only candidate who tells me what he really thinks -- not what he thinks I want to hear.

I don't agree with all of this positions, but I have rewarded what I consider to be his honesty/integrity with my money and unless something comes to light, changing my mind, will reward him with my vote.

He won't win and I don't care -- I still consider him the only candidate who deserves my vote.

JB

#61     Dec 29, 2007
  2. OK, just did, here is what you said in 2005:
    So what exactly did you predict given that a year before your posts, in fact before you even registered on this site it was widely known that
    Karl Rove, Bush's chief political advisor, and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Cheney's chief of staff, are the main suspects behind the outing, either doing it themselves or having lower-level aides in their offices speak to the reporters (Tuesday 16 December 2003)

That the three of them and many others in the administration were involved up to their necks in outing Plame was clear to anyone who paid attention in 2003, you were about as clairvoyant as hundreds of millions of people all over the world making exactly the same predictions at exactly the same time. On the other side no one guessed that Fitzgerald would only indict Libby and only on perjury charges but you did not predict that either.

#62     Dec 29, 2007
  3. Out of the 5 things I listed, only the last one, the vote against welfare reform, could have been a package that contained other things Ron Paul opposed to. The border security amendment was brought up in congress 4 separate times by Republicans, Ron Paul voted against it every single time. It would be hard to believe that it was something else that he was objecting to. Same with line item veto.

I don't understand why otherwise rational people can become suddenly so irrational when it comes to candidates that they (blindly) support. Why are you so ready to give Ron Paul the excuses that are not allowed for other politicians? Remember the Kerry flip-flop (voted for Iraq funding bill before voted against it)?

#63     Dec 29, 2007
  4. 50% of New Yorkers as of 2004

#64     Dec 29, 2007
  5. Thank-you Oprah for your glowing endorsement...

#65     Dec 29, 2007
  6. nevadan

nevadan

I can't speak to the rest of the list but I have seen a clip where he was asked about #2. His comment was that he could find no authority in the constitution to award medals to anyone, no matter how deserving they may be. He said he personally admired Rosa Parks and thought a medal would be a good idea. His solution was for everyone in congress to donate $100 themselves to a fund so that could be done. He would be glad to make the first donation.
    No takers. The rest of Congress was up with the idea of a medal for Rosa Parks, but only if they could do it with taxpayer money. So much for the urgency to give Rosa a medal

#66     Dec 29, 2007
  7. Hmm, if honesty and integrity are you only criteria, why Ron Paul? Kusinich says what he believes in, so does Mike Gravel, so does Alan Keys. They all have one more thing in common besides being honest, they are all lunatics with weird extremist views and absolutely no chance to ever get elected. And it's just too easy to play the honesty card when you have absolutely nothing to lose.

#67     Dec 29, 2007
  8. Don't be so hard on Truedick, he actually thinks Ron Paul is RuPaul, and he was watching this video when he decided to endorse Paul...you know those Libertarians...they are just soooo "Free 2 be"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvnwGJnq1E&feature=related

#68     Dec 29, 2007
  9. so a politician has to be crazy to be honest...

do you also adhere to that standard in your own life? honesty being an apparent weakness.. great

#69     Dec 29, 2007
  10. Somebody has to defend the Constitution and decry the corruption of the democracy so many Americans have died for. Of course RP won't win but what he has to say must be heard.

#70     Dec 29, 2007