Ron Paul Receives His Biggest Endorsement Yet!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Are you kidding? We have more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined. Iran is largely an army of poorly trained and poorly equipped conscripts.

Simply stated, there is no other country that comes close to being able to project the power America can project.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/carriers.htm

For someone who claims to have been a member of our nation's military, I would think that would be elementary knowledge.

#51     Dec 29, 2011
  2. When proven wrong obfuscate, eh? I was simply correcting your erroneous statement that:

The US military is 4-5 generations ahead, at 6 TIMES THE SIZE the nearest rival (China)!!

#52     Dec 29, 2011
  3. Kidding that our military's not six times the size of China's? No. Are you really so desperate you need to try to misrepresent what I write?

#53     Dec 29, 2011
  4. This is what you wrote:

and this is what I wrote:

Are you kidding? We have more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined. Iran is largely an army of poorly trained and poorly equipped conscripts.

Simply stated, there is no other country that comes close to being able to project the power America can project.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...ld/carriers.htm

For someone who claims to have been a member of our nation's military, I would think that would be elementary knowledge.

I should have added that China has one aircraft carrier.

#54     Dec 29, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

You didn't correct anything.

In spending, we are number#1. By 6 TIMES.

That's what counts.

Not 2,500 T96's against 20,000 Tomahawks and smart bombs.

#55     Dec 29, 2011
  6. Grow up Paultards. You didn't write "in spending" you wrote the following which is utter nonsense:

The US military is 4-5 generations ahead, at 6 TIMES THE SIZE the nearest rival (China)!!

Which I corrected with:

In terms of expenditures, NOT troops and equipment.

Don't pretend this is about aircraft carriers or Iran or projecting power.

#56     Dec 29, 2011
  7. For someone suggesting others should grow up, you sure do like to call people names. Funny how when you get called names you cry like a little girl. I think that says quite a bit about your character, or lack thereof.

Having said that, the reason I referred to aircraft carriers is because they are the primary means of projecting air and naval power in the world today. No nation can project power like we can...not even close.

Our carrier advantage (along with our ballistic missile capability via subs and other ships) gives us the ability to park off any country's shore and establish instant air superiority. Once a nation can maintain air superiority, the rest is academic. We've proven this in Iraq and now in Libya. This is modern warfare 101 and it is something you clearly know nothing about.

That's why China's military could not touch ours at present. They cannot stop our navy or our air force. We don't have to match them man for man. They have to figure out a way to reclaim their skies should we decide to take them.

The problem arises when we put boots on the ground and attempt to occupy a country (Afghanistan, Iraq). That's when our brave men and woman become targets and that's when the casualties happen. That's when our technology can be countered. This is precisely why our military should be used defensively. As long as we maintain a healthy superiority (which we could by cutting our military budget by 70%), we will never have anything to fear.

So do me a favor, if you are going to comment on military strategy, or anything having to do with war, do some research before you spout nonsense. At this point I am having a very hard time believing you were ever a member of our military. There is an old saying which I feel applies to you....it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Do yourself a favor, remain silent.

#57     Dec 29, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I like "Randroid" better.

#58     Dec 29, 2011
  9. What a load of nonsense you lying Randroid. That's a totally different conversation.

Again, achilles28 wrote this BS:

Which I corrected with:

In terms of expenditures, NOT troops and equipment.

As for your "thinking" on defense cuts, yet again you show you're talking totally out of your ass. What we need militarily is ultimately determined by the National Security Strategy as it trickles down through the National Military Strategy, etc. It's not something that some ET idiot like you pulls out of his rectum based on a whim.

#59     Dec 29, 2011
  10. P.S. Any country's shore? Instant air superiority? ROFL!!!!

Yet again you expose your colossal ignorance. Not even China, let alone Russia. You're a pathetic joke.

The kook is a perfect messiah for a moron like you.

#60     Dec 29, 2011