Ron Paul Receives His Biggest Endorsement Yet!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 28, 2011.

1. So would you also concede that when Obama (Commander in Chief remember) violated Iranian airspace, and crashed one of our unmanned spy planes inside of Iran, they may have seen that as a hostile action?

#21     Dec 29, 2011
  2. I think, honestly achilles, and we are on the same side, we have made so many enemies that if we packed up and just left, they would smell blood in the water, if they do not already.

The reason we have not seen war on our shores is because we catch it before it gets over here.

The dye is cast for us, we chose to continue the legacy of Rome. If we totally quit now, it could really come back to bite us.

#22     Dec 29, 2011
  3. Definitely. The US would consider that an act of war, no doubt.

#23     Dec 29, 2011
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Fair enough.

So should Iran just sit back and let the US attack them because they're "bad"? Or does every nation, like every individual, have a right to self-defense?

And since you're a reasonable man, in this particular stand-off (US-Iran), who is provoking who, exactly?

#24     Dec 29, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Three problems to keep in mind. 1) We (the world) are perilously close to a massive food crisis. 2) The US is a very "ecological" entity, our supply chains are long, as long as possible. 3) No fortress ever built has withstood determined, coordinated efforts to "bust" it. So we cannot let (read laissez faire) the "other guys" simply build nukes and drones and software and germs, etc., indefinitely.

It woulda been nice if we hadn't gone the food empire route in the first place, but I'm beginning to wonder, in light of all I think I understand about the life "instinct", if it could have been any other way.

#25     Dec 29, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

911 not withstanding, of course.

#26     Dec 29, 2011
  7. achilles28

achilles28

I'd like to agree with you, but I can't.

This is what Iraq was all about. A pimple on an elephants butt. Iran is no different. We're talking about 2nd world countries (barely). Pakistan is a worry, only because they have nukes (thanks to us, btw. google AQ Khan). The real threat here is seeing giant shadows cast behind every mouse, and running for the shot-gun. Of course, that's the narrative the media and Government would have us believe. The reality is quite different. The US military is 4-5 generations ahead, at 6 TIMES THE SIZE the nearest rival (China)!! Where does Iran, fit in? They spend about 7 Billion dollars, per year. We spend around 700 Billion. 100 *times* more. Paper tiger, ya?

#27     Dec 29, 2011
  8. Switzerland seems to be doing just fine. Also, you effectively dodged all of his questions so given your history I have to ask, are you "playing with this guy" also?

#28     Dec 29, 2011
  9. achilles28

achilles28

What makes you think that? And even if it were true, what relevance does that have to a preemptive strike against Iran? What good will that do?

Last, DAS is right. You dodged my questions :)

#29     Dec 29, 2011
  10. Nice rebuttal, I will be using this later, of course.

#30     Dec 29, 2011