Ron Paul praises the criminal element...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jun 26, 2007.

1. damn.... that just made me sick.. i had not seen this post. teriyaki laughs at sending a man to prison. no wonder he loves supporting the lies of 9/11 and all the deaths that came with it.

btw.. the irs lost another case where they couldn't show the jury the law:

http://fairtaxgroups.com/index.php?topic=2231.msg10629#msg10629

trust me, this disturbs kerioki much more than good people going to prison for yrs that were no threat to anyone. he loves the iraq war where little babies had their brains blown out because of wmd lies.

#191     Jul 12, 2007
  2. Oh, not a common druggie, but a special one.

In any case, while I favor the legalization and heavy taxation of recreational drugs and an easier path for prescription drugs when actually needed, that continues to be no excuse for those who knowingly violate the law to get their fixes.

They do the crime, like the crime or not, they do the time.

Look, didn't Turok do time for something drug related?

I don't see him continually whining about the unfairness of it.

He did something illegal, he was busted, simple story...

If people want to go to prison as a protest against drug laws, then so be it.

Until we see a major political figure voluntarily go to jail for drug use to make a political statement, the way Gandhi did, or protesters in the civil rights movement, then the drug users will continue to look like nothing but junkies who, while needing help, don't go to the correct places to get it.

I don't see Bill Mahr volunteering to go to jail for the cause...

I favor legalization, because the criminalization of drug use is costing the tax payer too much with no legitimate return, and at the same time funding organized crime and terrorism. Simply let the drug users make money at a job instead of criminal behavior to afford illegal drugs, let them get high at home, and we can use the tax revenue for rehab and treatment centers for those who want to kick their drug habits...

RM could volunteer to go to jail for the cause, if he genuinely believed in it changing the laws by imprisoning the resident ET genius...which of course would generate tremendous outpouring of sympathy and anger sufficient to have ET members write their congressmen and congresswomen to change the drug laws...

#192     Jul 12, 2007
  3. Why so much anger?

You're not the one rotting away his golden years in a prison cell over a victimless crime that harmed no one- That would be the role of your victim. If you were confident you did the right thing, I don't think the memory of what you did would evoke so much anger.

#193     Jul 12, 2007
  4. there is no victimless crime

#194     Jul 12, 2007
  5. Excuse me, but you're the one that brought up a thread that was from 1 1/2 yrs ago. Seems to me that you're the one that's still feeling some anger about the fact that I disagree with you about legalizing all drugs, and letting the individual be responsible for the circumstances.

Anyways, to the point that you seem to have missed - I truly would like to make alternative treatments available and legal for those that need to self medicate. However, unlike you, I'm a realist. Americans, true Americans,won't just bail on their fellow citizens. That's just the way it is with our political climate right now, and you'd best deal with it.

Apparently, you believe that getting from here -pt a - to where you would like to be - pt z - is possible with one huge sweeping change. Ain't gonna happen, no matter how much you wish it.

And what it boils down to is that I'm compassionate to care, but am able to see the path that one must take to get there - baby steps.

YOU, on the other hand, aren't able to see beyond your own needs. Basically, I don't believe your motivation, as stated, is the truth. And the end result is that you don't support the logical path to helping those that you profess to want to help.

#195     Jul 12, 2007
  6. anyone got any spare duct tape and plastic? CHERTOFF HAS A TUMMY ACHE!

[​IMG]

#196     Jul 12, 2007
  7. Cutten

Cutten

That's not strictly true - even though the "offence" may have been victimless, the guy still broke the law. If you think the rule of law has any validity at all, then there ought to be consequences to breaking it. Sure, breaking a "victimless crime" law ought not to be punished this harshly (obviously if I was on the jury or bench, he'd be getting off or a small fine), but if you have a situation where the law is flouted at will, then that will result in far more innocent victims having their rights infringed.

If the guy truly objects to US law so much that he wishes to be a political dissident, then fine - but he would have taken a principled stand if that was the case, a la Ghandi, Mandela (post-terrorist period) etc. But he wasn't. There is a big difference between deliberately protesting an unjust law, and flouting the law.

As an example, I think it's outrageous to jail a heroin addict for buying his drug. But if I go out and buy the stuff, knowing full well this is illegal, via a democratic process of law-making, then I can't then pretend I am being victimised. If I feel that strongly, I can deliberately possess heroin and walk in front of the White House (or 10 Downing Street) with a big banner. That would be fighting for rights, taking real personal risk & sacrifice to do so. But to jack up myself because I enjoyed it would not be any kind of liberatarian political action IMO.

#197     Jul 24, 2007