Ron Paul on the Dollar Problem

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tyler19, Nov 27, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Anything having to do with religion is a sensitive, highly emotional issue for most folks. But as for the impact (and its immediacy) on most people's lives, it's "small potatoes" compared to the abuses and destructive course both the DemoCraps and RepubliClowns are leading us on now.

#61     Dec 26, 2007
  2. Puhhhleeezzze....first of all, the guy's a DOCTOR...that should be the end of the story..he's not a preacher, or a lawyer, he's a doctor...he's a real professional...

Second, evolution IS a theory...It's not a FACT...

You better believe that Ron Paul does not believe that the earth is 6000 years old...

#62     Dec 26, 2007
  3. Joab

Joab

American politics has turned into a Hollywood game show.

You need to stop all this shit and just elect someone with some common sense.

From and outsiders point of view the ONLY 3 candidates that are speaking with any common sense ar Ron Paul, John Edwards and Mike Huckabee.

Best of luck America your future has never before been in such jeopardy as the problems that it now faces.

#63     Dec 26, 2007
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

I can tell that you don't believe in evolution either. Even though you may not believe in evolution, it is the best scientific explanation we have for the diversity of life. And by the way, a "scientific theory" is closer to "fact" then what you are letting on. See the difference between the common usages here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory

The fact is that to be a scientific theory held in wide regard, the theory has to have a large body of evidence behind it. So to dismiss something just because it is just a "theory" is idiotic.

Being a doctor does not necessarily mean you are a "real professional" and it definitely does not mean that you believe in scientific principles.

For any person who believes in scientific principles, Ron Paul's dismissal of evolution is a negative.

That being said, I will probably still reluctantly vote for him.

#64     Dec 26, 2007
  5. Look, I was a Biotech major in University...I studied evolution intensively...It was one of my favorite subjects. It is replete with theory...it just so happens that when you compare evolution to religion, we actually TEST evolution and religious freaks just go by FAITH...
    BUT
    evolution remains a theory...it's posits are NOT fact...there are some very factual parts of the theory, but the entire theory is not proven like 1+2=3....

#65     Dec 26, 2007
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

So then you know that scientific theories at least have some evidence backing them up. And for someone to say evolution is just a "theory" and to dismiss it because it is just a "theory" goes against how a rational scientist operates.

#66     Dec 26, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

THE major principle of science is that "NOTHING is taken on faith". The ONLY principle of creationism is that EVERYTHING is taken on faith.

Seems the boundaries are impermeable.

#67     Dec 26, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

At Christmas dinner, a coporate CFO (though not particularly an "investments" guy like ET'ers) asked me, "would you ever consider leaving the USA"?

Perhaps the reality of our Gummint/Fed-created mess is starting to "trickle down"....

#68     Dec 26, 2007
  9. He did mention that he thinks it's an interesting debate and that some "science" issue should not determine the presidency.

I'm a computer scientist doing application architecture, so I wholly believe in science, even staying up until the wee morning hours if something interesting is on discovery science. IMO, RP has things compartmentalized correctly: he is an American too; allowed to have his own beliefs that are separate from his job.

His policy should matter, not what kind of crap he likes on his burgers. As long as he keeps the 2 separate, he's getting my vote and maybe even a donation.

#69     Dec 26, 2007
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes, you make a good point. I guess I must have faith in him to keep his religion out of politics.

#70     Dec 26, 2007