Ron Paul on the Dollar Problem

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tyler19, Nov 27, 2007.

1. trendy

trendy

Of course life is great, for those who treated their house like an ATM machine, and who never saw a credit card they did not like. It's great right up to the time they can't pay back the money; they lose the house, and they wind up in bankruptcy court.

P.S. I just made another internet donation to the Ron Paul campaign.

#11     Nov 28, 2007
  2. I made a small one aswell yesterday. I feel this guy has a very strong grassroots following, the message just needs to get out to the mass's.

#12     Nov 28, 2007
  3. It's certainly NOT hysterical...in fact, the weak dollar barely gets mention...and when it does, it's in a positive light..
    Peter Schiff is right fucking on when he says the "falling dollar is all bad...it's all bad"...
    Exports Shmexports....
    How about the other 99% of us who don't own multi-national companies or control multi-millions?

#13     Nov 28, 2007
  4. Ron Paul will never gain traction in the race. His positions are not mainstream:

- Supports legalization of drugs
    - Wants to close VA hospitals
    - Wants to let people opt out of Soc Sec
    - Wants to withdraw from NATO
    - Wants to eliminate FDA

Wow... getting close to the tinfoil hat zone!

#14     Nov 29, 2007
  5. #15     Nov 29, 2007
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Its not bad either for purpose who wake up with a purpose, pursue it, work hard, save, don't spend money they don't have..blah blah blah. All that crap no one believes in anymore, but.........

#16     Nov 29, 2007
  7. Too bad the media is denying him the attention he deserves.

They are sponsored by these banks and crap who want consumers to keep spending spending spending. Amongother factors.

But there is no doubt he is being denied coverage he deserves. It's BS.

I hope the grassroots thing can overcome this garbage candidate pimping that the media is doing for the "contenders" like Clinton, Obama, Giuliani and Thompson.

#17     Nov 29, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

He could advocate carnal knowledge of farm animals, for all I care.

If he were to do ONE GOOD THING for America... JUST FRICKIN' O-N-E... he'd be more deserving to be president than all them other yahoos put together.

Voting either RepubliClown or DemoCrap is akin to going to prison and getting to "choose" whose girlfriend you get to be.

#18     Nov 29, 2007
  9. poyayan

poyayan

I support him, but I am being real about it.

Let's say he is elected as the president. I don't expect him to able to disband the FED, disband the IRS and etc......

...BUT, he should be able to pull the average consent view more to his corner over time if people get to hear what he said and agree with him. This is what I would like to see.

At the minimum, I don't buy the whole rate cut way to minimize damage by bubbles. Rate cut is printing money. It is a form of extra taxes. Why shouldn't we just let those speculators failed?

#19     Nov 29, 2007
  10. He CAN'T DO THAT...
    He can ONLY do that if Congress gets behind him..
    If he's elected, then the Congress better get behind him because that's what the people want...

People mistake presidential power, which Constitutionally is not supposed to be THAT great.I doubt the Founders would approve of the notion that the President of the US is considered the most 'powerful man in the free world'. Seems like everyone forgets this, except the guy who wants to be our President, Dr. Paul.

I love how Huckabee wants to eliminate the IRS. But how do you do that? He gave zero explanation of how you do that. You do it by changing our foreign policy, stop nation building, tear down the Empire and rebuild as the Republic that we are supposed to be.

#20     Nov 29, 2007