Ron Paul on the defensive

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jan 11, 2008.

1. that clip is appx 5 minutes long.. you responded in 2 minutes. wow.. you are soooooooooooo open minded zzz. dont even listen to what the guy has to say huh?

#41     Jan 11, 2008
  2. Look, I have seen plenty of angry people trying to deny shit when they are caught, blaming others, trying to spin away from what happened, and their failure to act in a manner consistent with their current rap.

Means nothing.

Just spin, spin, spin.

The more the old goat tries to convince others he is not racist, the more he appears to be a racist.

#42     Jan 11, 2008
  3. yeah? whatever coward.... he is being smeared for something he never said because he threatens the very powers that you think you oppose.. but you cant admit you were wrong because your ego is so fragile.

#43     Jan 11, 2008
  4. You have presented no evidence to convince me that he is innocent of the responsibility for what is published in his name.

He had the power to stop the publications, the ones in his name, right?

None of his staff members read any of the publications, warning him of what was in them?

None of the readers of the newsletter let him know the danger and potential damage of the newsletters?

Go ahead, continue to drown yourself in the Kool-Aid...

Look, cover your eyes all you want, ignore the the types of groups that support him, the Birchers, the Militia types, the white supremacits, etc.

You are going to be whining like a little girl about every time this guy gets his ass kicked in the election...

#44     Jan 11, 2008
  5. this coming from a coward. yawn

#45     Jan 11, 2008
  6. You really are a beaten man, no wonder you support someone who is getting beaten like a drum in the primaries...

What kind of person identifies with a sure loozer in a presidential race?

Another loozer, of course...

#46     Jan 11, 2008
  7. What i don't understand is who is trying to smear Paul with this stuff ZZZ is so obsessed with. Is it other republican candidates? Why would democrats bother since he is not going to get the nomination. Is it the neo-con/fox News crowd, who try to destroy anyone who doesn't toe their line?

To me this is more interesting than what Paul wrote or didn't write.

#47     Jan 11, 2008
  8. I would think Bush style republicans would be concerned about a Paul right wing independent bid (one of the reasons I think Paul is not spending his campaign donations the way others are) whereas the dems would favor a right wing independent candidate as potential stealer of votes ala Perot.

It doesn't take much, look at what the net effect of Nader's bid in 2000 was in taking votes from Gore...

In a close race in November, which we are likely to have, an independent bid by Paul would like hurt the repubs more than the dems.

Absent of course are the typical conservative pundits you suck up to (Like Fatbaugh and Mann Coulter) coming to Paul's defense.

#48     Jan 11, 2008
  9. an extremely telling statement from zzz. here you are trying to flaunt some kind of high ground, and right out in the open you admit it's just one big popularity contest in your eyes... principles irrelevant

if you can rise to the challenge, put your racism rhetoric aside for a moment and comment on Paul's core position... our monetary system and its inherent bias against most people - who don't own assets, but use cash on a daily basis.

the man is fighting harder for socio-economic fairness than anyone else in the race. it's an extremely pro-minority stance, and i bet you have no comment. it's not lip service, it's not rhetoric, it's one of his primary goals, and it deeply contradicts your assumptions.

#49     Jan 12, 2008
  10. In an ideal world, lots of economic systems work, because in an ideal world you have ideal people who live by ideals.

Now back to reality, we don't have an ideal world. We have people who if given the power, will abuse it, they always have, the likely always will.

I fully understand the concepts Paul promotes, but they are not generally practically obtained by the methods he proposes. Libertarian ideals can be practiced by some people, just as Communist ideals can be practiced by some people, but neither extreme can be forced upon the masses with any degree of success.

That's the problem with extremists on both the right and the left, they are not practical, and have a very difficult time finding middle ground to get things done.

They don't have a spirit of compromise, a spirit of give and take, which is necessary to hold together a country that is now as diverse as ours is. This is no longer the late 18th century, though people out there think that we can govern as if it were.

Paul's so called pragmatism is anything but actually pragmatic considering where we actually are right now. It just won't work. It would be a disaster to have him as president right now. It would lead to tremendous stagnation in D.C. because he would veto nearly everything. Paul is not a person who compromises, or even thinks of it much, unless it serves his personal immediate agenda.

I have pointed out some of the flaws that exist in Paul, some of the inconsistencies and the brand of politician expedience he practices, and the Paulites will listen to none of it.

Only a moderate has any chance of gradually bringing the country back to the right or left depending on the direction we are out of balance.

The problems we have are not caused by government, that is a complete fallacy...hence the solutions are not going to come via some revolution in government.

Paul appeals to those who want to take no responsibility personally for the problems America has, but rather want to blame others or the government.

Not until there is such time that Americans view the problems of poor Americans, problems of racial minority groups of Americans, problems of American women, problems of gay Americans, and the problems of an aging population of Americans as our American problems...no single politician or a few changes in the legislative branch is going to have that much of a large impact beyond a negative one.

It is very hard to find a republican who will say, "You know, it is my fault I voted for Bush. It is my fault, I voted in these guys. My mind made a poor decision. I need to have my head examined and my thinking evaluated for making such a poor choice."

What happens is that the same mind that made the poor decision doesn't want to understand why it was wrong, but just wants to think their decisions now will be right. Nothing changes that way, same mistake prone mind, same mistakes.

No, it is the fault of everyone who voted for Bush, and the legislative branch we have had to look at their own thinking that has allowed this to happen.

No politician who wants to get elected has the brass to step up and point to America and say "It is your fault people. You screwed up. You voted in the wrong people. You didn't want to take the time to make intelligent decisions. All you wanted was this, or that, without thinking what was really best for all Americans. You just wanted to abdicate your personal responsibility of citizenship to whoever made you feel good with their empty promises."

Paul offers empty promises he can't deliver upon. Same with Obama, same with all the other politicians.

We are in the situation we are in because of us the people, not them, the government...

We had a brief moment in time following 9/11 of unity, unity against a common enemy, an external enemy.

How long did that last? What sacrifices were actually made and for how long? What about our own internal shared enemy?

We have corruption in every single institution in this country, every single one. It is rampant.

We live in a "Christian Nation" which has seen the moral decay away from Christian principles in the name of money and instant gratification. The self righteous spend their time pointing at all the other "Sinners" as if they are not part of the problem in their own life. They don't lead by example or by a concept of promotion via attraction, but spend time preaching and in hate of what others do and how they lead their lives. It is always the fault of the other guy.

That kind of corruption nationwide is not the fault of government, nor the churches, nor the media, nor terrorism, nor any other external agent.

We really have no candidate that I can see who talks much about personal responsibility, that the need to change lies in the American people themselves, which begins with an introspection and honest assessment of each individual's own part in the problem, and part in the solution.

Paul is no different in this respect, he is speaking to the audience who wants to be told that it is all somebody else who is to blame, i.e. the government, etc.

The problems we have in America are a result of Americans as a collective whole, and no single president or leader is going to make that go away by wishing it away, or by blaming the FED, or by blaming the media, or by blaming entitlements, or by blaming the dems, or the repubs, or by blaming taxation, ad infinitum.

It says "We The People" not "We The Government." Well that means we are at fault, not the government.

We collectively are to blame, not the the government or the structure. That's just another boogeyman that works when people want to look outside of themselves.

I know the Paulites believe Paul is this principled guy and above ego, and desire for power, blah, blah, blah.

That fairy tale is what keeps the Paulites going, what will keep them blaming the media, the FED, etc., just like a child has to keep believing in Santa Claus even when they know in their heart at a certain age that Santa Claus is not real...

#50     Jan 12, 2008