Ron Paul on the defensive

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Ahhh... but you've just stumbled upon the constant struggle between the the senate and the "executives" throughout history. Regardless of whether the executive was an emperor, king, president, etc.

The senate always "knows exactly how things should be done". Always griping that the nation would be better off if the executive had less power. These legislators conjure up grand laws and hand them off to the executives who then have the task of actually implementing these perfect laws. Most times these perfect laws are horribly unrealistic or inadequate, but the executives have to make them work. This generally requires less desirable decisions to be made.

Then in the US, these same legislators run against the executives and use the less desirable decisions as ammunition against them.

In my opinion, any candidate who even wants to be considered for the presidency must have some type of executive experience. Thats all we need, both the legislative branch and the executive branch getting filled by a bunch of hard core legislators. Laws being passed left and right without anything ever getting done.

#21     Jan 11, 2008
  2. I believe it's found in the same section as:

Everyone is entitled to free healthcare, education, and welfare being a career choice.

#22     Jan 11, 2008
  3. ok... i am wrong.. the office of the presidency has no power. i will now leave elite trader with my head hung in shame for being outed by the last letter of the alphabet. (z)

[/sarcasm]

#23     Jan 11, 2008
  4. All of those are standard equipment for the wealthy and powerful.

The middle class sometimes can afford those options, but getting more difficult for them to may the payments.

#24     Jan 11, 2008
  5. ENJOY DRIVING YOUR CAR WITH POWER SEATS!

lol!

#25     Jan 11, 2008
  6. ad hominem non sequitur straw man citizens arrest.... isnt that what you scream all the time?

#26     Jan 11, 2008
  7. I have no need to scream.

That's your deal.

#27     Jan 11, 2008
  8. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Ron Paul is more anti-bush than any of the other candidates. What more do you want? Do you agree with him that we should end the war in iraq and bring home the troops?

#28     Jan 11, 2008

9. Interesting to see how you talk about how 'MINORITY GROUPS" will get no help from Ron Paul....what you really mean is Blacks will no get help..becuase im prettty sure Asians and Most Hispanics do not care if the government helps them or not....they create their own destiny

#29     Jan 11, 2008
  10. I didn't realize medicare, medicaid and public schools were only for the wealthy.

Sorry for the error.

#30     Jan 11, 2008