Ron Paul Not Running For Re-Election to Congress Citing Age

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cstfx, Jul 12, 2011.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Will concentrate on running for President instead.

:D

2. pspr

pspr

Vice-President or bust. :D

3. This charlatan really needs to go die in a corner.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're an idiot of the highest order. You make stupid look good.

5. Meet the Press’ transcript for Dec. 23, 2007

MR. RUSSERT: When I looked at your record, you talked about big government and how opposed you are to it, but you seem to have a different attitude about your own congressional district. For example, "Congress decided to send billions of dollars to victims of Hurricane Katrina. Guess how Ron Paul voted. `Is bailing out people" that choose--"that chose to live on the coastline a proper function of the federal government?' he asks." And you said no. And yet, this: "Paul's current district, which includes Galveston and reaches into" the "Brazoria County, draws a substantial amount of federal flood insurance payments." For your own congressional district. This is the Houston Chronicle: "Representative Ron Paul has long crusaded against a big central government. But he also" "represented a congressional district that's consistently among the top in Texas in its reliance on dollars from Washington. In the first nine months of the federal government's" fiscal "2006 fiscal year," "it received more than $4 billion." And they report, The Wall Street Journal, 65 earmark-targeted projects, $400 million that you have put into congressional bills for your district, which leads us to the Congressional Quarterly. "The Earmark Dossier of `Dr. No.' There isn't much that" Ron--Dr. "Ron Paul thinks the federal government should do. Apparently, though, earmarks" for his district "are OK. Paul is the sponsor of no fewer than 10 earmarks in the water resources bill," all benefiting his district. The Gulf Intercoastal Waterway: $32 million. The sunken ship you want to be moved from Freeport Harbor. The Bayou Navigation Channel. They talk about $8 million for shrimp fishermen.

--------

Charlatan!

6. rew

rew

It is well known that Paul puts earmarks in spending bills and then votes against those bills. So for the Paul detractors, point to a spending bill that he actually voted <i>for</i>. Is it Paul's fault that <i>other</i> politicians insist on spending money foolishly in his district?