Ron Paul-moment of truth ET'ers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, for those of you on board for the Ron Paul revolution (yes, you too Ratboy), I'm assuming you guys are also on board for THE most conservative legislation that will be introduced, by either the right or the left, on abortion policy.

This is taken directly from Ron Paul's website:

The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle.

In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

I am also the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn.

I have also authored HR 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called “population control.”

Many talk about being pro-life. I have taken direct action to restore protection for the unborn.

As an OB/GYN doctor, I’ve delivered over 4,000 babies. That experience has made me an unshakable foe of abortion. Many of you may have read my book, Challenge To Liberty, which champions the idea that there cannot be liberty in a society unless the rights of all innocents are protected. Much can be understood about the civility of a society in observing its regard for the dignity of human life.

Are you guys ready to get the Ron Paul revolution started?

2. Very disappointing, but Ron Paul still beats the hell out of all the alternatives!

Btw, no doubt Ron Paul is aware that most of his supporters disagree with his views on abortion, yet he chose NOT to sweep this issue under the rug. This demonstrates that Ron Paul is truly a man of principle. He can be expected to firmly stick to what he believes is right, no matter what the cost.

3. It will be up to the states to decide on abortion law. I like it. It limits the power of the Federal government to meddle in social issues. A smaller less powerful Federal government, I am all for that.

4. We'll see if the abortion issue is at the top of people's voting list when the US is in a depression.

www.thisnovember5th.com

5. exactly.. Gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research..etc..these are all silly social issues that the federal government need not mess with... They just cloud up the political discussion and divert attention away from serious problems. I don't need a big government intruding in my personal life from cradle to grave. For a long time most Americans didn't. Sometime ago shit went wrong and we became a big welfare/nanny state.

6. I agree that the federal government should not be in these issues, but the courts have already intruded into them and made them federal issues. Abortion was a matter of state law until Roe v. Wade "discovered" a constitutional right to abortion that had somehow eluded judges for the preceding 200 years of the Constitution.

7. The abortion issue (and to a lesser extent stem cell research) is fundamentally concerned with whether or not a fetus is a legal person entitled to Constitutional rights (particularly the implied right not to be murdered). This is clearly not a "silly social issue," and seems to me to be one of the few issues in which the federal government should be involved.

As for Ron Paul, perhaps he feels that since there is great uncertainty as to when, if ever, a developing fetus is first protected by law, it is best to err on the side of caution and grant the fetus the same rights as any other citizen.

8. It is a silly social issue, typical of complacent society. Like it was said before, when we are in a depression and you are worrying about feeding your family, will you give a shit about some promiscuous coed getting an abortion?

9. For me he stood out in the first Rep debate because of what he said and more because of the way he said it. He was the only one of the bunch that didn't come across as a wily, calculating manipulator; it was a strange, almost mystical moment - a politician who actually seemed to believe what he was saying!?

Bizarre. Obviously a mirage in the political desert.

10. Ditto.

Abortion, gay marriage, etc.. All should be left to states to decide. If you don't like what your state decided, then move. We've stripped all control from state governements and our fed gov is huge now.

#10     Nov 5, 2007