Ron Paul, Hate, and the Cult of Straight Talk

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 18, 2007.

1. lets be honest... you never were supportive of ron paul and the ease at which you discard him is at best suspicious.

the man did not write the comments... and it appears he tried to take responsibility as in... "it was his newsletter...and the buck stops here" attitude. he clearly does not support this mindset and has been consistent in his principles for multiple decades.

LOL @ rearden being disappointed in Ron Paul....... please, that is comedic.

#11     Jul 18, 2007
  2. Update:

Michael Krekel, a spokesperson for Congressman Paul’s campaign, has now responded to the allegations of racism in the Congressman’s writings. Krekel called the writings “unfortunate,” but said that the writings referenced above were “not written by the congressman personally.”

“It was composed by a ghostwriter, and then sent out with Dr. Paul’s name attached to it, Krekel told The Daily Background. He also said that at the time, Paul was not directly involved in politics and that he had a staffer write the column in his place. Paul “has apologized repeatedly for his error, and he has been dealing with the incident for 15 years,” Krekel added.

“While the views expressed on African Americans do not reflect Congressman Paul’s views, he understands that he is responsible for anything that goes out in his weekly column.”

#12     Jul 18, 2007
  3. here are people that want freedom and have risen above the race crap:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X15j4P0SUJs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X15j4P0SUJs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#13     Jul 18, 2007
  4. "lets be honest... you never were supportive of ron paul and the ease at which you discard him is at best suspicious."

----> Not true- You can check my past comments.

"the man did not write the comments... and it appears he tried to take responsibility as in... "it was his newsletter...and the buck stops here" attitude. he clearly does not support this mindset and has been consistent in his principles for multiple decades."

---->Here's the problem, ratboy: A ghost writer pens a bunch of collectivist garbage in Paul's name. So far, I can't fault him for it.
    ...But to claim those words as his own, despite the fact that we're talking about horrible collectivist garbage that goes against everything Libertarianism stands for- just because his campaign advisors said it's a good idea??? Come on, you know that doesn't really sound right.

If someone praised the pancake theory in your name, would you accept their words as your own, just to keep things simple?
    See what I mean?

Just FYI, assuming the Wikipedia version of events is correct, I'd still prefer Ron Paul over all the others.

#14     Jul 18, 2007
  5. LT701

LT701

reading part way through the first post, it reminded me of an experience i had in college

someone stopped by my table at the library and dropped off a card about a meeting about a financial opportunity.

well, for the heck of it, i went

the guy went on and on, 'warming us up' for whatever it was he was trying to push - went on for 45 minutes without telling us a damned thing

one of his shills could see i was about to blow, and motioned me over to him, and we stepped outside and he asked me what i thought

'no sale' i politily said, and walked off.

whatever it was in the looooong 3 posts, was presented in the same manner

it's the mark, of BULLSHIT

all i saw was, page after page of SPLC style McCarthyism

#15     Jul 19, 2007
  6. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

:confused:

#16     Jul 19, 2007
  7. tyler19

tyler19