Ron Paul had it RIGHT 20 years ago!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by AMT4SWA, Feb 16, 2009.

1. You can't be for sound money and be a big spender at the same time. A gold peg wouldn't hold.

#21     Feb 16, 2009
  2. harkm

harkm

You can't be a big spender if you have a gold peg unless you become a wealthier nation through trade.

#22     Feb 16, 2009
  3. Illum

Illum

Anyone catch the Andrew Jackson piece on the History Channel? He threw these guys out, closed their central bank and paid off the national debt. We need Andrew Jackson II.

#23     Feb 16, 2009
  4. Hey, whatever it takes to get the job done! :)

#24     Feb 16, 2009
  5. m22au

m22au

Ron Paul .... he gets it.

The only one in congress with the guts to use the phrase "printing press".

#25     Feb 25, 2009
  6. Ron Paul just now on CNBC and he IS RIGHT 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

#26     Feb 25, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

I have great respect for Ron Paul, however there is one thing he doesn't get: the world is not populated by perfect people, and to work well his perfect world requires perfect people.

#27     Feb 25, 2009
  8. I fail to see how that is a bad thing...

#28     Feb 25, 2009
  9. Of course you do...................I wonder if you also fail to see other things....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#29     Feb 25, 2009
  10. Something I've noticed watching CSPAN for the past hour: When Bernanke can’t defend himself, especially against that “Anarchist Rabble Rouser” Ron Paul, they obviously have to cut to a commercial. Hell, Ron Paul committed a cardinal sin just a moment ago by daring to question Keynesian economics. ha

And to the poster above: your obnoxiously over exaggerated pauses are extending the post screen. It'd be great if you could curb them.

#30     Feb 25, 2009