Ron Paul GOP Frontrunner To Beat Hillary - Zogby

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Dec 19, 2007.

1. dinoman

dinoman

Its nice to know that puppets exist and take there orders like lemmings. Thanks for proving another point to me.

#31     Dec 20, 2007
  2. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

I've always voted democrat. I've changed my party affiliation and hope to vote for paul. I'm sure there are many others doing the same.

All candidates from both parties suck this time. Mitt and Rudy scare the shit outta me. Hillary and Obama are a buncha liars. Huckabee plays the religious card too much. He believes he's morally superior and will "bring back integrity" to the white house. Why do we always have candidates using that garbage phrase? Unfortunately dumb rednecks believe him. On his campaign site, a supporter of him actually said "I like Huckabee because he supports the War On Saddam." Here's another quote,

"That leaves the Love your Brother follower of Jesus and the Powerful Man in an epic struggle for the heart of the Republican party and the American political system. Great times to be alive. You're a good man, Mike Huckabee."

Ron Paul is the only guy that actually talks facts and real politics. The other candidates just pander. Don't know why some people don't see it.

#32     Dec 21, 2007
  3. I like how Ron Paul talks about cutting back spending yet has attached $400 MILLION in earmarks this year. It's not his ideas that get him re-elected by his district, it's the pork he brings back to it.

#33     Dec 21, 2007
  4. nevadan

nevadan

He does engage in the earmark process because he has to represent his constituents. He would be derelict in his duties if he didn't. But as you can see from the quote, he votes against the bills containing the earmarks.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118740056245201632.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

#34     Dec 21, 2007
  5. Kucinich doesn't pander.

#35     Dec 21, 2007
  6. Paul says yes on local earmarks-'Dr. No' on spending looks out for his own Texas district
    Dallas News ^ | 6-27-07

Posted on 06/27/2007 1:33:20 PM PDT by SJackson

WASHINGTON – He's known as "Dr. No" for all his votes against government spending, but Texas Rep. Ron Paul isn't saying no to spending in his district.

Mr. Paul, a Republican presidential candidate and physician, has requested earmarks for about 50 items, largely for water projects, according to request letters released by his office.

In written requests he submitted to the House Appropriations Committee, the Lake Jackson Republican asked for $8.6 million for the Army Corps of Engineers to maintain the Texas City Channel and $10 million for the Galveston Rail Causeway Bridge. He also asked for money for a nursing program, expansion of a cancer center at Brazosport Hospital, a seafood testing program, a Children's Identification and Location Database and $8 million for Wild American Shrimp Marketing requested by the Texas Shrimp Association.

Tom Lizardo, a Paul aide, said Mr. Paul has always asked for spending for his district in response to local requests.

"He feels the IRS takes the money and so it's [his] job to make sure money comes back in the district," Mr. Lizardo said.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1857270/posts

Perhaps Paul is a higher class of politician, but he is still a politician...

#36     Dec 21, 2007
  7. no. it referenced several other polls, but I cannot remember the site. I suppose you will understand when those states hold their voting in a month or so

#37     Dec 26, 2007
  8. nevadan

nevadan

If you happen to live in a state having a primary, your vote will have the biggest impact there.

#38     Dec 26, 2007
  9. What happened in Iowa?? I thought he was the frontrunner?

#39     Jan 4, 2008