Ron Paul GOP Frontrunner To Beat Hillary - Zogby

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Dec 19, 2007.

1. hughb

hughb

Seriously, I don't get you Ron Paul guys. You've got all these polls showing he's winning in a landslide, you claim he's raising gazillions of dollars, but when you're challenged about his electibility, you are already claiming voter fraud and the election hasn't even been held. If you guys know there is going to be voter fraud, why the hell are you bothering to donate money and vote?

#11     Dec 20, 2007
  2. i've been wanting to expand on all this ET rhetoric. tonight i was out at a bar, a little bored, and decided to approach the first random person to my right about their politics.

it turned out to be a decided ron paul supporter

not an objective sampling, but not surprising either. Ron polls incredibly well outside the quoted mainstream sources. he's even got hannity questioning the validity of his own polls

if you're willing to ignore that, what would you question? what's the point at which you'd question your political environment? if the supreme court starts deciding every election are you ok with that? if the manufacturer of voting machines vows to deliver votes to a certain party is that ok? do we even need elections?

tell me where YOU would draw the line

#12     Dec 20, 2007
  3. The endless Ron Paul love affair is admirable (As currently 4 of 5 threads showing in Politics and Religion are about him), BUT

-- he is still at 4-6% in the major polls,
    -- he is EXCLUDED from California and Florida
    -- and it may be over by mid-February.

SO, what is the point?

#13     Dec 20, 2007

4. The point is it is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

I would rather spend a night tied to a tree a truck stop than vote for hilloboma or guilliaromney.

#14     Dec 20, 2007

5. He is excluded from CA and FL, what do you mean by this?

#15     Dec 20, 2007
  6. The blind bio poll is one of the most pointless polls ever, imagine if you were asked the following question:

"Candidate A worked as a family doctor delivering over 4,000 babies while candidate B has lobbied for various foreign countries and is onto his third marriage" - many people would vote for candidate A.

but if you asked the next question:

"Candidate A thinks 9/11 is a conspiracy, thinks that drugs and prostitution should be legalised and believe that all problems can be solved by A) Going back on the Gold Standard B) Abolishing the government. Candidate B is a moderate conservative"

You might answer that question a little differently.

... therefore a blind bio poll is one of the most pointless polls ever.

#16     Dec 20, 2007
  7. there's no question in my mind that ultimately dr paul and giuliani will be left to contend for the nomination. who will get it? i better not say.

#17     Dec 20, 2007
  8. Really? There is no question in my mind that neither of them will even be in the top 2. Paul won't be able to convince enough voters that he isn't crazy, and Giulinai is already in a tailspin.

#18     Dec 20, 2007
  9. I hate to break the bubble, but Paul isn't going to capture the female vote and forget the minority vote, he certainly isn't going to capture the liberal vote, nor the labor unions, etc.

So where does that leave him?

The dems are hoping it leaves him right where his fellow Texan Perot was...running as a 3rd party candidate, thus helping the dems an hurting the repubs.

If people don't want another dem, another liberal...then they should forget Paul and rally around the republican nominee who is most electable.

#19     Dec 20, 2007
  10. achilles28

achilles28

It proves we've got a legitimate shot.

Thats why you should care.

The only thing between Paul and the Nomination is fair name recognition.

How many 2nd Tier darlings were packaged as unelectable "kooks" by the media?

Your insight on voter psychology is spot on. But it really undermines how and why this Country is so fucked to begin with.

The electorate are asleep.

Pauls message represents an awakening.

He may not have the polish or swagger of a Mitt. But we can't let that stop us.

This whole game is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Killing the GOP frontrunners in a bipartisan poll is HUGE.

#20     Dec 20, 2007