Ron Paul for President !!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ratboy88, Jan 12, 2007.

1. I'm not exactly Joe Diversity but I'd support a black libertarian over a nanny-state attorney shyster any day of the week.

When I ran for Congress Alan Keyes was the guest of honor at my fundraiser. I'd walk on nails for him......

#31     Jan 18, 2007
  2. An African-American <b>Republican</b> might stand a chance, but otherwise; I agree with your statement.

While whites of my generation (Gen X) are overwhelmingly eager to put that whole ugly racism issue behind us and move forward, voters of older generations are still around, and many of them don't see it that way at all.

#32     Jan 19, 2007
  3. You said once that in '04 you "held your nose and voted Libertarian", as if you weren't completely on board with our philosophy. Have your views changed since then?

#33     Jan 19, 2007
  4. no, my views have not changed. i wasn't thrilled with the individual that was the libertarian candidate but the other two clowns were no choice. i started to write in a candidate but then went libertarian as a protest vote.

i really am an independent and look at the individual and his/her track record. i have followed ron paul a long time, he and bernie sanders are the only ones that didn't kiss greenspan's ass while he was creating our current debt bubble.

#34     Jan 19, 2007
  5. #35     Jan 19, 2007
  6. In the '06 midterm elections, the Libertarians didn't even get on the ballot in my area. I ended up writing in 'John Galt' for about 20 different elected positions.

You know you're <i>really</i> disenfranchised when you find yourself writing in fictional characters in the voting booth, instead of picking one of the unacceptable politicians listed on the ballot...

#36     Jan 19, 2007
  7. LOL.... John Galt, thats great. i was going to write in James Traficant for president in 04 as he sat in prison.

#37     Jan 19, 2007
  8. Cutten

Cutten

There is one way that Ron Paul can become president - if he wins the Republican nomination, and Hillary wins the Democratic one. The anti-Hillary contigent in the USA is so big that maybe nothing else is needed to beat her than to be the one lucky enough to run against her.

Also, people are talking about Ron Paul as if he's some kind of fringe nutcase. But listen to his speeches & writings, he's actually got a very good political sense and way with words. This would go over very well on TV if he gets national coverage, which he inevitably would if he becomes a front-running Republican. Just imagine him in a debate with Clinton, he would absolutely destroy her on pretty much every policy issue.

#38     Jan 21, 2007
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Much of what you are saying makes good sense, if it was 20 or 30 years ago. Sadly, in many ways, it's not.

In the U.S. today, there is an "American Idol" mentality which can only be good for Hillary. This country has been dumbed down beyond belief. A large portion of this country was/is crazy for Bill Clinton. He will not be the candidate this time, but I think nobody would disagree that he will greatly influence the vote.

John Kerry destroyed Little George Bush in the debates in the last election. It didn't matter. Once a label gets put on a person, it is very difficult for a person to shake it off, because of the effects of the national media. Kerry was labeled a flip-flopper, and it stuck.

Hillary Clinton is running. She will be nominated. She will be elected. Sad. True.

#39     Jan 21, 2007
  10. She might be nominated, but she'll NEVER EVER be elected president. Don't believe me? Let's find a mutually acceptable escrow, and lay a little wager. I'll give you 4-1 odds, any amount up to $50,000. Go ahead- Risk $50K to win $200K if you really think she stands a chance. This offer is open to all takers.

#40     Jan 21, 2007