Ron Paul Economics

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mvector, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Mvector

Mvector

Most of the key campaign people working within RP campaign are typical Christians - Baptists, Luthern, Catholics, etc. I have meet many of them with my years of support and of course Dr. Paul is a Christian too. In the two states where I give support I have found the US Military troops some of his biggest supporters - next I would say is small business owners.

I hope those two groups are OK with you? ;-)

#11     Dec 29, 2011
  2. Since his economic policy is the same as the IMF's structural adjustment program.With more brutal austerity then Heinrich Bruning. I would imagine the same results. Like what Jeffey sachs did to Russia. Austerity does not work, because the debts are growing at compound interest and you reduce the only economic activity you have. Which of course leads to higher debts. It has been tried over 150 times by the IMF the result is always increased debt, poverty and so on. Paul goes farther than Bruning every did as far as austerity. Bruning's austerity lead to dire straights , desperate germans than turned to Hitler to be relieved from the economic despair. So i guess if we can learn from history it would be crushing poverty under Ron Paul then some Hitler type figure

#12     Dec 29, 2011
  3. He's not advocating a gold standard; he just wants to legalize competing currencies (commodity baskets, gold, etc.). This makes sense, since people will just gravitate towards the currency that protects their purchasing power the most.

#13     Dec 29, 2011
  4. In regards to the gold standard, I read in one of his books that he doesn't want to have the dollar completely backed by gold, but partially so the government doesn't overinflate our currency. I have not read how quickly he wants to lower trade restrictions, but he would have to go through congress, so I don't think anyone should worry about it happening too quickly. Free trade would create volatility initially, but would be beneficial in the long run. His biggest message though is cutting spending, which is very important because our deficit spending is going to be a burden for quite sometime. Also his non interventionist foreign policy will be a huge release of burden upon the economy.

If anyone is interested I just started a youtube channel, were I post a video weekly that attempts to explain economics in a humorous manner.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYlgoJcL5M0]

#14     Dec 30, 2011
  5. Mvector

Mvector

One groups look at the "bad math" hitting our countries economy right now - www.newamerica23.com

#15     Dec 30, 2011
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

And Obama spent 20 years under a whack job preacher named Jeremiah Wright.

Anyway, that association fallacy smear is meaningless, whether true or not. The VAST majority of his supporters aren't scientologists.

#16     Dec 30, 2011
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

And who should've won the Nobel Prize?

"To fight this recession the Fed needs more than a snapback; it needs soaring household spending to offset moribund business investment. And to do that, as Paul McCulley of Pimco put it, Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble."

- Paul Krugman, Dubya’s Double Dip, August 2nd, 2002

(Well that was a great idea, Krugman. What bubble do we need to create now?)

Compare to:

"Congress should act to remove taxpayer support from the housing GSEs before the bubble bursts and taxpayers are once again forced to bail out investors who were misled by foolish government interference in the market. I therefore hope this committee will soon stand up for American taxpayers and investors by acting on my Free Housing Market Enhancement Act."

- Ron Paul in the House Financial Services Committee, September 10, 2003

#17     Dec 30, 2011
  8. Specterx

Specterx

Why does the money supply need to expand "to support a growing population?"

#18     Dec 30, 2011
  9. To facilitate the every day financial business of life. The money supply does need to be expanded... but at the same rate as the population growth. Any more than that is stimulative/inflationary.

#19     Dec 30, 2011
  10. jjf

jjf

That is half the story and the other half is productivity.

productivity growth + population expansion = GDP growth

Obviously this resultant can be a negative figure as it still is at the moment
    despite the official story.

#20     Dec 30, 2011