Ron Paul Doubles Down On Calling Newt Gingrich A ‘Chickenhawk"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 8, 2012.

1. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ron-paul...-chickenhawk-says-he-would-call-him-it-again/

Ron Paul Doubles Down On Calling Newt Gingrich A ‘Chickenhawk’, Says He Would Call Him It Again

During the New Hampshire GOP Debate, moderator Diane Sawyer asked Ron Paul if he would call Newt Gingrich a “chickenhawk” again, Paul answered in the affirmative. “Yeah. I think people who don’t serve when they could and they get three or four or even five deferments, they have no right to send our kids off to war…I’m trying to stop the wars. At least I went when they called me up.”

Paul had earlier used the term in an interview with CNN’s Soledad O’Brien to slam the former Speaker of the House for voting to send American troops into war without himself having served in the military.

“I don’t like it when we send our kids off to fight these wars and when those individuals didn’t go themselves, and then come up and when they’re asked, they say, oh, I don’t think one person could have made a difference!” Paul exclaimed. “I have a pet peeve that annoys me to a great deal, because when I see these young men coming back, my heart weeps for them.”

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The quickest way for you to see a chickenhawk is to look in the mirror.

No military service. No university degree. No vocation you can cite.

Nothing, just nothing. You are a Zero in every regard. Maybe you should apply for a position in the Obama regime. You would fit right in. :D

3. Looking for another E fight I see :(

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

If we got together you wouldn't call it an E-fight. :D

It would be more like an O-Positive fight because they would be looking for O-pos blood donors in your little town.

5. rew

rew

That would be legitimate if AK-47 was advocating for some war.

But he's not.

To be a chickenhawk you must not only be a chicken, you must be a hawk.

6. I wish Paul would go after Romney,he is the biggest chicken hawk in The GOP

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/romney-calls-for-more-defense-spending/

Romney Calls for More Defense Spending

MT. PLEASANT, S.C. — Standing among retired airplanes on the U.S.S. Yorktown, a decommissioned World War II aircraft carrier, Mitt Romney told a small group of veterans on Thursday that given the global threats to America’s interests, the nation’s defense spending should be increased instead of cut.

Acknowledging that waste and excess spending exist within the Defense Department, Mr. Romney still called for increasing the Pentagon’s budget.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...romney-im-not-going-to-cut-the-defense-budget

Romney: I won't cut defense budget

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) said Monday he wouldn't cut the defense budget if he's elected president.

Romney said he would be open to redirecting spending within the Pentagon's budget to ensure that it's more efficiently allocated and to eliminate waste, but he wouldn't cut the overall budget.

"I'm not going to cut the defense budget," Romney said in a question-and-answer session on his Facebook page.

Romney wants to our soldiers to stay in Afghanistan !!!!!!!

http://articles.boston.com/2011-06-14/news/29657598_1_afghanistan-mitt-romney-pullout

Mitt Romney, Ron Paul clash on Afghanistan pullout

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Congressman Ron Paul are disagreeing on how quickly to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan.

Romney said at a Republican presidential debate Monday that generals in Afghanistan should guide the pullout schedule based to conditions on the ground. He said the troops should come home as soon as possible under those conditions.

Paul said the president must tell generals what to do. He said if he were president he would begin withdrawing troops almost immediately. He said the United States has no purpose fighting a war in Afghanistan.

Romney wants our soldiers to stay in Iraq !!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-pullout-signature-failure-obama-romney-203147930.html

Iraq pullout a "signature failure" for Obama: Romney

LITTLETON, New Hampshire (Reuters) - Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Thursday attacked U.S. President Barack Obama for a "signature failure" to keep some troops in Iraq to prevent the country falling back into sectarian conflict.

Just days after U.S. troops left Iraq, a wave of bombings killed at least 72 people in Baghdad on Thursday. The Shi'ite-led government is engulfed in a crisis that risks fracturing Iraq along sectarian and ethnic fault lines.

A consistent front-runner in polls of Republicans, Romney said he feared leaving Iraq without a stabilization force could put the hard-earned successes and victories there at risk.

"I hope that risk is not realized. I hope that we're able to see stability there but the president's failure to secure an agreement and maintain 10,000 to 30,000 troops in Iraq has to be one of his signature failures," he told Reuters.

EVEN THOUGH HE WANTS MORE WAR IN IRAQ,AFGHANISTAN,WAR WITH IRAN AND MORE DEFENSE SPENDING HE NOR HIS FIVE SONS EVER SERVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/romney_sons_join_campaign_not_army/

Romney Sons Join Campaign, Not Army

Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday defended his five sons’ decision not to enlist in the military, saying they’re showing their support for the country by “helping me get elected.”

Romney, who did not serve in Vietnam due to his Mormon missionary work and a high draft lottery number, was asked the question by an anti-war activist after a speech in which he called for “a surge of support” for U.S. forces in Iraq.

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Well, if you say so.

The absurdity of you guys with no service calling anyone a chickenhawk is clear to everyone who reads these threads. I don't need to embellish. You're doing the work for me. :)

8. rew

rew

I never joined the armed services because, with the sole exception of a brief attempt at getting Al Qaeda (before we got sidetracked into the Iraq war) I never saw the U.S. military actually defending America. Always they were off fighting somebody else's war.

If we had had Ron Paul's foreign policy I would have been happy to serve.

9. I don't need to be an actor or director to know that certain movies should not have been made. Certain wars were actually needless, as we are all seeing now. And, yes, I did 6 years, long ago.

c